Vintage Computers up for grabs - JHB Area

Futurama

Looking for a 80286 or 386 to purchase? Want to build run with some retro DOS on the 286, then Windows 3.11 on the 386 :) Let me know if you know of anyone selling!

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
You based in JHB? Can probably help you with bits and pieces and there are enough other people who can help.

If you join the South African Vintage Computing group on FB, you'll get a lot of help, support and bits and pieces there.

The Door

Honorary Master
Looking for a 80286 or 386 to purchase? Want to build run with some retro DOS on the 286, then Windows 3.11 on the 386 :) Let me know if you know of anyone selling!
Sounds like fun, go for it!
*EDIT* what Jannie says.
I wonder how many 286s with those dips and 1Mb RAM are floating around. Let us know how it goes. Hope you get VGA.

Futurama

You based in JHB? Can probably help you with bits and pieces and there are enough other people who can help.

If you join the South African Vintage Computing group on FB, you'll get a lot of help, support and bits and pieces there.

Thanks so much, unfortunately I am in PE, but I will get on that group. Thanks for the info!

Futurama

Sounds like fun, go for it!
*EDIT* what Jannie says.
I wonder how many 286s with those dips and 1Mb RAM are floating around. Let us know how it goes. Hope you get VGA.

Very true! Something awesome about running the old games on the actual old PC instead of an emulator.

ponder

Honorary Master
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thanx a million @HunterNW
I went to visit your lovely Mom this morning...

3ih5js.jpg