Virgin Money Credit Card Fraud

Neuk_

Expert Member
I have had a Virgin Money CC since they first arrived in SA alothough I can't remember exactly when that was, mid 2000's I think it was. Since I got my Discovery CC I have not used my Virgin Money CC at all so found it strange when I received an SMS from VMSA this morning about an outstanding payment. To cut a long story short as it took me a while to get back up and running on their online banking platform, two online transactions went through in October through a UK online store with not a single notification being sent to me via email or SMS. The postal address they have for me is horribly outdated so maybe I got a notification via the post but I highly doubt it.

Fraud case opened with ABSA and now I wait to see what will happen, the current CC has been cancelled and I instructed them to not issue a new card as I never use it so it is a waste, and in retrospect a liability. So, lesson learnt, cancel it if you don't use it and if you don't, at least check up on the account from time to time.

Neuk_

Expert Member
I have just had a call from DSV regarding delivery of my new Virgin Money CC :rolleyes: I have never been a fan of ABSA despite having a home loan with them and they continue to show their ineptitude.