Virgin Money Online Banking

Solitude

Executive Member
I received my new credit card and pin number and so I thought I'd register with the online banking to test everything out. However I get this error:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Does anyone know anything about this downtime and when it will be online again? Or even better, this service does work normally, doesn't it?

ksweb

Getting the same error on my side: "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable".
I have been s VM customer for about 3 years and never had a problem before, I guess there is a first time for everything. Could anyone check if the ABSA internet banking is running as I think VM share their banking with ABSA.

Solitude

Executive Member
Thanks for the info ksweb. I'm glad to hear that it's the first time you've had a problem. My ABSA internet banking is working.

the_don46

Hi. ABSA internet banking is available and I can log in. Virgin I can confirm I cannot today log in. I have had my virgin cc for about 3 years now and it's a first (last time I logged on was Tuesday). However, I must warn you that if you plan to create beneficiaires and transfer funds this DOES NOT work and NEVER has. I'm quite disgusted the option is there, but has never become available so the only advantage of the online banking experience is to check your balance and transaction history.

Solitude

Executive Member
Thanks the_don46. Well hopefully today's outage is to fix the transferring of funds. Luckily at this stage I only want to use it to check the balance and transaction history.

When paying money to the credit card account via my ABSA internet banking, do I have to create a beneficiary and do a payment or is it possible to link the accounts and transfer money between them?

ksweb

What the_don46 says is very annoying, you are however allowed to have one beneficiary setup, but you need to email them all the details.

the_don46

What the_don46 says is very annoying, you are however allowed to have one beneficiary setup, but you need to email them all the details.

Didn't know that! Just shows these call centres with "team leaders" don't actually get back to clients who in the end pay their salaries, etc. Thanks for the info though.

the_don46

When paying money to the credit card account via my ABSA internet banking, do I have to create a beneficiary and do a payment or is it possible to link the accounts and transfer money between them?

You add your credit card details as a beneficiary (ABSA Account). Account number is your card number. Then EFT your payment, referesh your balances on the Virgin Online Banking (in another window) & viola! Your money is in instantly!

Messugga

Honorary Master
The courier dropped off my card over the weekend. Now, where on earth do I get my pin? I've looked through the paperwork quickly and only see mention of it, not the pin itself.

Crusader

Expert Member
The courier dropped off my card over the weekend. Now, where on earth do I get my pin? I've looked through the paperwork quickly and only see mention of it, not the pin itself.

They mail the pin separately. At least that's what they did with mine.

ksweb

You might be able to take the card to an ABSA branch for them to reset the pin for you.

W@P

Expert Member
IIRC you have to phone them for the pin or something like that

Pearson6

nope u dont call for a pin go to ur closest ABSA branch using ur card and ID and they will call Virgin who will ask u a few q's and then issue a pin.............to load a beneficiary you just need to call no email needed guys...........dats all but have to say cool choice of card....lol