Vista keeps restarting

Vercogen

Expert Member
My HP laptop keeps restarting, a emergency recovery screen comes up - press F11- after that, the windows error recovery screen comes up and gives me a choice:
- Launch Startup repair (recommended)
- Start Windows Normally

But it just keeps restarting giving me the same choices, doesn't matter which one i choose.

Firstly, yes I am only an average pc user, well maybe above average. I know XP quite well but when it comes to Vista every thing's a bit new for me.

Secondly, there is no recovery cd's that came with the laptop:mad:

Thirdly, when i press F11 for the emergency recovery, the blue screen of death pops up

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC000001D, 0x80272027, 0x80E04B14, 0x80E04810)

*** PSHED.dll - Address 80272027 base at 8026E000, Datestamp 4549bd9b

anyone have any ideas?

wizzard

Done any upgrades lately? Hardware or software.

As far as recovery CDs go, I know a few HPs come with a hidden partition that keeps an image of a fresh installation on it. Unfortunately I don't remember the process to get the recovery screen up to reload it but that may be why you didn't get any disks

Vercogen

Expert Member
No, didnt upgrade or update. Is there any way to install xp on this, maybe plug in the HD in another pc to retrieve the files then format it? I know there' s a catch here?

AirWolf

Honorary Master

As far as recovery CDs go, I know a few HPs come with a hidden partition that keeps an image of a fresh installation on it. Unfortunately I don't remember the process to get the recovery screen up to reload it but that may be why you didn't get any disks

My IBM Lenovo also has a recovery partition which you can access via a dedicated button or access via a function key on boot up (it gives a message at the bottom of the screen). Not familiar with HPs setup though.

My HP laptop keeps restarting, a emergency recovery screen comes up - press F11- after that, the windows error recovery screen comes up and gives me a choice:
- Launch Startup repair (recommended)
- Start Windows Normally

But it just keeps restarting giving me the same choices, doesn't matter which one i choose.

Firstly, yes I am only an average pc user, well maybe above average. I know XP quite well but when it comes to Vista every thing's a bit new for me.

Secondly, there is no recovery cd's that came with the laptop:mad:

Thirdly, when i press F11 for the emergency recovery, the blue screen of death pops up

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC000001D, 0x80272027, 0x80E04B14, 0x80E04810)

*** PSHED.dll - Address 80272027 base at 8026E000, Datestamp 4549bd9b

anyone have any ideas?

Doesn't look good if you can't access the emergency recovery:(.

Last edited:

DWPTA

Expert Member

F11 on HP does the fresh installation.

Vercogen, phone HP, at 0860001030, and ask them if you can come and pick up the XP drivers for your laptop, instead of downloading it. That's if you are in Gauteng, they are in Sandton. If you have an original XP CD you can just pop it in and install XP with your old licence.

Because by the sound of it your partition for the HP installation has gone wonky. When installing the laptop with XP delete the partition. If you can get the driver cd from HP it will install the backup recovery software and then make backup's.

NetSpike

The STOP error code 0x0000007E usually indicates a hard drive issue such as not enough hard drive space space, a BIOS issue or a problem with wiring - something having to do with the hard drive.

The PSHED.DLL file is the Windows Vista Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver.

There may also be other reasons though, but check the above first.

Edward

Last edited:

quovadis

Executive Member
Sounds like faulty memory - Swap it out or remove 1 module at a time - hopefully you have more than 1 module

Vercogen

Expert Member
F11 on HP does the fresh installation.

Vercogen, phone HP, at 0860001030, and ask them if you can come and pick up the XP drivers for your laptop, instead of downloading it. That's if you are in Gauteng, they are in Sandton. If you have an original XP CD you can just pop it in and install XP with your old licence.

Because by the sound of it your partition for the HP installation has gone wonky. When installing the laptop with XP delete the partition. If you can get the driver cd from HP it will install the backup recovery software and then make backup's.

F11 just give me a blue screen

Yes i was thinking of formatting an deleting the partition, but firstly need to backup some files.

I had allot of problems with 'let me repair' previously their unprofessional to say the least.

Sounds like faulty memory - Swap it out or remove 1 module at a time - hopefully you have more than 1 module

I hope that's not the problem, only one module

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
you got a usb drive.Install xp on it and then boot from usb drive,Then do diagnostics