Vitamins 'may shorten your life'

Another nutritionist who has formulated supplements described the review as a "stitch-up", arguing it only looked at studies which examined the effect they had on reducing mortality, rather than other advantages.
Well sure there are alot of thing worse than death?!?!

Lol...so you are healthy for 50 years then die or live for 80 years :p

ill take my 80 years thanks :)

Moederloos

Honorary Master
Probably took their "scientific" samples from people who religiously swallow vitamins everyday in order to combat the effects of alcohol, junk food, stress and sloth-like behaviour...
:D

Wino

Unfortunately in this day and age of processed everything, farming with pesticides, over farming etc you cannot get all your recommended vitamins and nutrients from eating only. The nutrient quality and quantity of the food we eat today is not the same as it was 20 years ago when that advice was sound.

I will always supplement along with a healthy diet and plenty of exercise. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I was sick in the last 5 years.

Anyone who thinks a supplement will replace a balanced meal needs a straight jacket.

Of course you also need to do your research about what supplement you are taking as there are plenty of suspect companies out there.

As with everything else in life, you get what you pay for.

Did you stop after a week, month or year ? I didn't notice a difference till at least 6 months in.

I would think that if you have dark urine after taking vitamins, that would indicate cheap n nasty vitamins that are not being absorbed into the body optimally and over a prolonged time period. Urine is supposed to be as light as possible, the lighter, the more hydrated you are.

Agreed 100%
Only a fool wont recognise the benefits of taking nutritional supplements!
I RARELY gt sick, and when I do pick up a flu virus, it doesnt leave me in bed for a week, I can still work and be productive.
The important fact here is the fact that so much of what we eat is not as healthy as it would seem. Veggies start losing their vitamin potency once they are pulled from the earth, so the longer they have been on the shelf, or frozen, the less chance you have of digesting your minimum daily required dose. Add to this the fact that very few people eat a full quota of required fruits and veg 7 days a week, and now consider these facts over several years, maybe decades, and the result is grim.

JungleRumble

JayM... if you pretend to be an ice cream, you must expect to be licked!

I used to get 5 colds per year - started taking cheapish Vit C tablets from Dischem - now I am down to one cold per year.

greg_SA

Expert Member
I think that Vitc and Zinc definitely help my immune system - If I feel like I'm getting sick, I start taking them ASAP... To absorb vitamin C properly, you need zinc as well.

Lino

I am back
I have been taking Vitamin C for about the last 6 years everyday. I also take an immune booster and generally my health is fantastic. I hardly get sick perhaps the odd cold.

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
I have never had the desire to live, and I certainly don't see things changing. Stop pretending you know me, because you don't.
Whatever floats your boat, I don't pretend to know anything...
It's you who pretends - like I said, come back when you're 45 and we can talk...