Vodacom’s relationship with Rain under scrutiny

The_MAC

Executive Member
Jealosy makes you nasty!

I would say that these serious allegations should be investigated.

Lets not forget that the Mobile market is very competitive at the moment, so nothing is impossible..

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert

Lets not forget that the Mobile market is very competitive at the moment, so nothing is impossible..

Read the article. They are being investigated. Which is good.

PHeX

myBB said:
In the context of any roaming arrangement – like Cell C on Vodacom or Telkom on MTN – subscribers are not aware when they are roaming,” said Rain
If RAIN roamed with them instead (MTN & CELL C)what changes would they have done to the current agreement with Vodacom?

Last edited:

Thor

Honorary Master
I thought vodacon pretty much owns ICASA all those cars and perks

wink wink* I see you.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
In the context of any roaming arrangement – like Cell C on Vodacom or Telkom on MTN – subscribers are not aware when they are roaming,” said Rain?

If my Telkom roams (don't worry Jannie, I still make calls with VC, there you are not out of whack with pricing as with data) I can see it is on MTN and have a R icon, and I would have needed to enable roaming on the device, so it's not that seemless...

Swa

Honorary Master

Cell C has a one-sided roaming agreement with Vodacom. Telkom has a one-sided roaming agreement with MTN. I don't have a problem with it being investigated but rather the reasoning behind it.

See how these allegations are made by the 2 networks that have had little innovation for the last few years while the one that's just revealed a 500GB bundle is seemingly unphased? It seems more of a case of the bigger of the 3 striking a mutually beneficial deal and the other 2 being unhappy over it.

Also isn't it funny how one or two forum members who's continually claimed that Rain was just a scam for Multisource to hold on to its corporate spectrum have gone dead quiet since Rain's public launch?