Vodacom 20GB deal for R199x24months

gamer16

Executive Member
Not a bad deal that, wish I could use it but I like to stream stuff especially Youtube and streaming live stuff at 1080 60 will rape that cap in two or three days

Tradezzz

The R199 includes VAT, anyone who got the deal before April (I think) would've had a price increase.
The other amounts seem to be for other items, like contract cover, or a device (handset instalment).

supersunbird

Honorary Master
The R199 includes VAT, anyone who got the deal before April (I think) would've had a price increase.
The other amounts seem to be for other items, like contract cover, or a device (handset instalment).
Indeed, my contract as shown above is now like R350pm and not R329. That price increase and some type of insurance is where Meelperds issue comes in.

Meelperd

The R199 includes VAT
Correct as per my March invoice for R205.99 (extra 6 bucks for contract insurance in case of death)

April price increase
My invoice in April was R225, but I obviously didn't suspect a price increase, especially in the second month! That would be hideous, right? Also, I did not receive any notification/communication regarding said increase. I just assumed (yes, I know) that it was VAT or that this is the first month of the actual correct amount, since we all know: the first month or two of a new contract is usually not spot-on due to kick-off admin charges and all sorts of other stuff you don't know about.
After all, it's only R25 and not some obscure amount, so I just let it be. As May's invoice arrived unchanged for another R225, I gathered it was R199 ex VAT.
I left it there, satisfied, since it wasn't in a typical roller coaster state like Telkom's invoices (okay, that was below the belt). :ROFL:

Come yesterday, I phoned the call centre, only to find out that there was indeed a price increase, but when I drew his attention to the same deal still being advertised for R199, he said:

"Oh."

He then told me to return to the store where I originally signed the contract, and they will correct it for me.

I might go on Saturday.
Stay tuned... :popcorn:

Bundu

Expert Member
Is it standard practice for Vodacom to increase 24 mnth contracts during the period?
Never had that with Telkom, except when VAT went to 15%

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Is it standard practice for Vodacom to increase 24 mnth contracts during the period?
Never had that with Telkom, except when VAT went to 15%
Cell C was first to do it, then MTN and Vodacom also did it. They have all done it a few time now from what I can recall.