Vodacom 300GB for R299 this weekend

GIGZ

I hope so, because I'm tempted to just walk into a Vodacom shop tomorrow

ShaunyCT

Expert Member
@GIGZ I have an existing contract with them so they could call me to confirm the details. It took 8 days including the weekend for them to deliver it to me.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Using the 300Gb this morning after my fibre dropped while I was working in production.

Speeds are way better this morning, guess my neighbourhood has not woken up.

1637300786009.png

Reactions: Yuu

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I wonder why some areas have faster responses than others as per Witty's quoted reply here.

Also, did they also send you a quotation? If so, how did you come contact them considering that they sent me a message from a 'noreply' address? Also, how long did it take before delivery? I guess that I will go through the same thing, because I want to change the delivery address to work. WTH!

Make sure you sit on Vodacom and RAM. After updating my address with RAM on Wednesday, still nothing. They say they are waiting for Vodacom to confirm the change, which i confirmed with them also on Wednesday

Witty

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I wonder why some areas have faster responses than others as per Witty's quoted reply here.

Also, did they also send you a quotation? If so, how did you come contact them considering that they sent me a message from a 'noreply' address? Also, how long did it take before delivery? I guess that I will go through the same thing, because I want to change the delivery address to work. WTH!
An update I got a call from vodacom confirmation this morning 8:30am. They basically were confirming my delivery address and ID prior dispatching the simcard. I did ask about data sharing the consultant confirmed that only postpaid can data share not top up.

GIGZ

@GIGZ I have an existing contract with them so they could call me to confirm the details. It took 8 days including the weekend for them to deliver it to me.
Aha, that makes sense.
Make sure you sit on Vodacom and RAM. After updating my address with RAM on Wednesday, still nothing. They say they are waiting for Vodacom to confirm the change, which i confirmed with them also on Wednesday
That's if and when someone actually calls me.

It's been 8 days now. I'm even considering not taking the thing anymore, considering how horrible their customer service is. Very little communication, and you can't even call them.
An update I got a call from vodacom confirmation this morning 8:30am. They basically were confirming my delivery address and ID prior dispatching the simcard. I did ask about data sharing the consultant confirmed that only postpaid can data share not top up.
Blessed Are You

msgasson

Spoke to vodacom and they say one can’t do data share on a home internet package. Can anyone confirm that they have been able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Brother Dusk

Just tried to get the deal online, not auto approved instead an agent will contact me to finalize.

Could it be because I'm expecting a delivery from Ram for the iPhone 13? That was auto approved online last week Friday. Ram called to arrange delivery for Monday....

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Just tried to get the deal online, not auto approved instead an agent will contact me to finalize.

Could it be because I'm expecting a delivery from Ram for the iPhone 13? That was auto approved online last week Friday. Ram called to arrange delivery for Monday....
Will be interesting to hear why as it could be an anti fraud check.

I still had an agent phone to confirm my application even though it was auto approved.