Vodacom 3G|HSDPA Software [VMC & drivers] for 64bit Windows & Vista

francois3G

Hi!

I have a 64bit opertaing system and I was wondering if there is any software available for Windows profesional 64x, since the software (V5.0) that came with my card, does not install properly on my opereating system.

Thanks!

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
I've asked and will revert.

Have you tried Biometrics' dialer? Have a look in the stickies....

Tazz_Tux

Linux Guru
Shouldn't the driver also run in 64bit ?

vodacom3g said:
I've asked and will revert.

Have you tried Biometrics' dialer? Have a look in the stickies....

mienamoo

The problem is the driver. I also have a Windows XP 64bit, and I am not able to use my HSDPA card. Thus far I have not been able to locate a 64bit driver for the Huawei E620.

If anybody out there has a driver, please post here to let us know!

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
64-bit Version of Mobile Connect???

I've been looking everywhere for drivers or something to get my 3g/hsdpa working under windows x64, to no avail.

Vodafone mobile connect wont even install under the os, and i am assuming this is because the drivers it installs for the card are 32-bit.

I would really like to get this up and running soon, I'm sure vodafone have thought of releasing a 64-bit application, when other major companies are already releasing drivers for Vista????

tim

my setup:

amd 64 3000+
windows x64 (cant remember the release now, but its the latest release)
huawei e620 datacard

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Its doubtful another application will work, the physical drivers for the card need to be 64-bit compliant.

tintin

3G data card problem

Help Please! :confused: I am in the process of upgrading my ladtop from XP to XP 64. During the process and confusion between moving and reloading sofware under my new operation system it seems as though I have inserted my 3G data card before ensuring that the cd with the sofware was loaded in its entirety. Now the software will not function correctly....any ideas on how to solve this problem, thx.

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
Help Please! :confused: I am in the process of upgrading my ladtop from XP to XP 64. During the process and confusion between moving and reloading sofware under my new operation system it seems as though I have inserted my 3G data card before ensuring that the cd with the sofware was loaded in its entirety. Now the software will not function correctly....any ideas on how to solve this problem, thx.
Probably not your doing, I understand the current version of the VMC don't run on 64bit OS. But will make sure and hopfully get a date.

tintin

So where to from here :mad: ........surely Vodacom have sofware available for Xp 64bit systems. Is is worth my while to check on the US/Uk websites for the drivers and software. I simply want 3G/HSDPA access on my laptop (XP 64 Bit) and can't seem to get any joy from anyone. Some info please......

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
I have searched the entire huawei website for the drivers, and posted on their forum (which isn't as effective as the myadsl forum by a long shot.) still haven't received any word back from them or the forum, looks like we dead in the water for the moment - i'm sure the vista drivers which should be released shortly will be compatible with win x64 (i hope). if anybody gets a hold of something please post it asap, will really appreciate it.

Andrew20

Windows Vista and Vodafone Software

Installed Windows Vista (Beta 2) over the weekend on my slaptop but when trying to install the Vodafone HSDPA software I got an error " WinNT 4 not supported" :confused: . Anybody have ideas when the software will be upgraded to support Vista.....

Thks

internaut

You don't really need the software to use the card on the network unless you want to utilise the sms functions of the program. Data usage, you can monitor with a program like DUmeter. All you need is the drivers for card from the VMC software. You'll find the drivers in directory that VMC is installed to. You'll obviously have to install the software under XP first. But of course this all depends on whether the driver works under Vista. Infact Vista should have a generic driver for the card built in.

adsl3g

Expert Member
Installed Windows Vista (Beta 2) over the weekend on my slaptop but when trying to install the Vodafone HSDPA software I got an error " WinNT 4 not supported" :confused: . Anybody have ideas when the software will be upgraded to support Vista.....

Thks
You probably won't get drivers until Vista is out of Beta.

MrG

Executive Member
Smashboard Software

Before i confuse Windows Vista RC1 even more, let me ask can I install it on Windows Vista.

gwalker

Windows Vista RC1 and VodaPhone

Hi

I know Vista is still pre release (at least out of beta - if there is such a thing!)

I have a need to test Vista for other reasons. I found a thread on the MTN (http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=45038) but dates back some time to when Vista was still in beta not release candidate stage.

Basically I have Huawei E620 Vodaphone branded card. I disabled the Smartcardreader – Texas Instruments PCI GemCore based Smartcard controller which stopped the initial blue screen of death, but after a while it blue screen's, or Vista is unstable as anything. If I use other forms of network connections, it goes on for hours and hours.

I appreciate that Vista is not yet supported but will need to be and wondering if there is beta version or something that we can test with on Vista which is a little more stable. I am willing beta tester....

I see on http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/doc/list.do?type=-1&id=305 there are some options to play with, anyone recommend one to test?

Regards

Graeme

Karthi

3G card compatible with Vista

Good Day,

I was running ver 7 of the vodafone dashboard software and recently upgraded to Windows Vista, but the data card does not seem compatible with Vista, when the card is inserted, the notebook blue screens, and the software does not complete the installation fully.
Is there a compatible software version for Vista or a fix that you anyone is aware of to get my data card working on Vista.

Any ideas anyone

Thanks in advance.

Diago

Windows Vista RTM

Hi v3g

Have you had any news on a Vista version of drivers for the 3G Connect cards ?

I have just upgraded to the final RTM but having problems with... drivers :(

It's not urgent but some indication of when/where/how would be appreciated ?

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
Hi v3g

Have you had any news on a Vista version of drivers for the 3G Connect cards ?

I have just upgraded to the final RTM but having problems with... drivers :(

It's not urgent but some indication of when/where/how would be appreciated ?
RTM or RC2?

If RTM, we need to do some horse-trading.....:)

Have asked, btw.