Vodacom - 60 Gigs for R299-00 + 30 Gigs Night Owl

under_sky

Expert Member
No you will receive an SMS when the delivery is dispatched to get you.

Then only you will know its on its way to you.
Got the sim at 12:47 now the wait for it to be activated
Just called 1945 and they activated the sim for me right then and there.
Now LTE is the next thing just gonna email my contact at vodacom and ask him to tend to that as most seem to be having issues getting it activated.

Edit:
All sorted 100% i do see on the website that they have billed me Pro Rata for this month and then next months bill is on it already

Last edited:

Arex

Can this deal be added to an existing prepaid number and can you top it up with minutes?
I believe so, I was on prepaid and changed to this contract, I was told i can still buy airtime for calls and charge whenever i want. I wanted to keep my number as well and it was fine.

under_sky

Expert Member
12... do you have 10 kids and a wife or perhaps 10 wives and a kid? :eek: lol
10 Wives and a kid sounds great!
4 staff phones for the house and then data contracts and house cellphones etc.
But after reading of people adding this to a pre paid that sounds awesome

ET!

Just a warning to not trust what Vodacom advertise! I signed up for one of their 24 month Black Friday offers last year and 6 months into the contract they increased the price by 20%. The Vodacom Customer Services on 3 occasions now have just a standard response to my dissatisfaction, that it's in the fine print that they can change the pricing structure at 20 days notice. It's absolutely ridicules. I would not trust the company or their advertised pricing. Chances are 6 months in they will increase your rate by 20%!
1556200977548.png

Sisanda55

I also just got declined. Maximum number of lines were supposedly exceeded. I only have 1.
"Sir, Vodacom is still assessing your payments..."
"Sir, you took out a contract in November/December and must wait 3 months" It is April already?
"Sir, you must wait 30 days now"

I incidentally record all my calls, and will amend the above quotes when needed.

I declined their declination (sp?). Busy kicking up a storm...

For those that are interested, herewith their offer stating the Guaranteed Approval:

View attachment 643616
I also got declined, took a contract in December, she’s said I must wait for 6 months. This promo is gone by 5th of May, sooo frustrating.

Dan C

Honorary Master
I'm still waiting for the sim to be delivered. Hopefully it will come tomorrow.
Hope so. Took about 12 hours for the SIM to become active after I received it. Then I had to phone 082 135 to enable LTE (which took 10 minutes)

DXL

Expert Member
1556707951431.png

The Bonus Data does not carry Over - :( SCAM - 1 - Vodacom - :
( This is not mentioned anywhere in your advert )

The Bonus Data does not get used up first ,
Your Paid 30Gigs get used first so when you fall onto using the Bonus Data the month ends and you lose the Data :( SCAM - 2

The Bonus Data cannot be transferred to another Vodacom Customer :( SCAM - 3

I knew it was too good to be true from Vodacom and hope other users will post more experiences like what I am doing to help others make an informed decision.

Last edited:

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Hope so. Took about 12 hours for the SIM to become active after I received it. Then I had to phone 082 135 to enable LTE (which took 10 minutes)
Why do we need to phone to enable LTE? I just tested the sim. It's working but only 3G.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
For some weird reason LTE was not provisioned on these deals
Seems very scammy for little to no reason as most people won't even check what they're on. And for those who do check, like myself, Vodacom are just making the customer experience more difficult. Is it 1995? Why do we need to call the call center to do anything...

Seems very scammy for little to no reason as most people won't even check what they're on. And for those who do check, like myself, Vodacom are just making the customer experience more difficult. Is it 1995? Why do we need to call the call center to do anything...

I agree, I guess they want people to use it at a slower rate by default. In my opinion, the majority will never even notice that they are capped to 3g speeds, especially the walk in customers on the 90gb deal.

Once the normal person on the street sticks this sim in a 4g router, he would normally expect it to automatically do 4g speeds without thinking that you still need to call in and provision it.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
I was hoping not to have to make it into a micro-sim as I just got it for my router which takes a full sim (the old big ones). To make the call I need to turn it into a micro-sim as my phones only take those and then afterwards make it a full sim again. Sometimes these sims don't fit back neatly together and the pieces break once you take them apart and try to put them together again.