Vodacom begins to issue Fake BP Fuel Vouchers

ld13

Honorary Master
Thank you for the template @skybound - Seems like this is the only way to get things sorted as of late. (@rpm @Hanno Labuschagne)

Vodacom launched their black friday deals a few weeks ago. As a part of this they have been dropping some limited discounted vouchers in their VodaBucks shop. This shop is included in the Vodacom app and one can use your VodaBucks or your bank card to purchase vouchers for a number of items from differing suppliers - very similar to eBuck from FNB/YelloBucks from MTN.

I tested out by buying a R100 BP Fuel Voucher. I received the SMS with the voucher number, with an expiry of 30/11/2020, mind you, and went off to my local BPs, only be told the voucher numbers were fake and did not exist.

Well, I got 2 x "eish, we don't do that" at two different BPs. One 'manager' that simply walked away from me at another BP. Another BP where the manager immediately tired to redeem it on his POS, but in the end were unable to figure out how this voucher even works and could not help me.

I have tried to get info out of Vodacom since Friday and well you know how their support is. They are more concerned about validating that I am indeed who I claim to be, than actually simply answering the question at hand - what the redemption process entails. They are adamant that the merchants have been informed how these codes work and refer be back to BP. BP refuses to accept the voucher and refers me back to Vodacom.

I managed to contact a Lindiwe Jacobs (works at Altron(?), but answers the phone at the 'rewards department' for Vodacom), that might hopefully try to contact BP and get this sorted, but given the expiry date, and all the red tape, I highly doubt if this will ever get resolved unless I make some waves.

It seems like a similar thing happened last year around with Vodacom, with some peeps claiming they could never redeem their Checkers vouchers and nothing seemingly ever came from it. Friends also mentioned they had issues with redeeming their Dischem vouchers.

So let this be a warning, hic sunt dracones (here be dragons)
If something goes wrong with your VodaBucks purchase, you are on your own and your money will probably go to file 13/to the sultan.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Thank you for the template @skybound - Seems like this is the only way to get things sorted as of late. (@rpm @Hanno Labuschagne)

Vodacom launched their black friday deals a few weeks ago. As a part of this they have been dropping some limited discounted vouchers in their VodaBucks shop. This shop is included in the Vodacom app and one can use your VodaBucks or your bank card to purchase vouchers for a number of items from differing suppliers - very similar to eBuck from FNB/YelloBucks from MTN.

I tested out by buying a R100 BP Fuel Voucher. I received the SMS with the voucher number, with an expiry of 30/11/2020, mind you, and went off to my local BPs, only be told the voucher numbers were fake and did not exist.

Well, I got 2 x "eish, we don't do that" at two different BPs. One 'manager' that simply walked away from me at another BP. Another BP where the manager immediately tired to redeem it on his POS, but in the end were unable to figure out how this voucher even works and could not help me.

I have tried to get info out of Vodacom since Friday and well you know how their support is. They are more concerned about validating that I am indeed who I claim to be, than actually simply answering the question at hand - what the redemption process entails. They are adamant that the merchants have been informed how these codes work and refer be back to BP. BP refuses to accept the voucher and refers me back to Vodacom.

I managed to contact a Lindiwe Jacobs (works at Altron(?), but answers the phone at the 'rewards department' for Vodacom), that might hopefully try to contact BP and get this sorted, but given the expiry date, and all the red tape, I highly doubt if this will ever get resolved unless I make some waves.

It seems like a similar thing happened last year around with Vodacom, with some peeps claiming they could never redeem their Checkers vouchers and nothing seemingly ever came from it. Friends also mentioned they had issues with redeeming their Dischem vouchers.

If something goes wrong with your VodaBucks purchase, you are on your own and your money will probably go to file 13/to the sultan.

Email ceo@vodacom.co.za, back when I was willing to feed their greed, that is how I resolved serious problems.

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Hey, I am the one that needs to invoke @rpm @Hanno Labuschagne for this to work. :p

isie

Honorary Master

Spoke to the staff at my local BP to ask them that said no issues their manager told them the vouchers are legit and showed them how to use it. They been accepting them and it's redeeming in their system.
So sounds like a training issue at your BP

ld13

Honorary Master
Spoke to the staff at my local BP to ask them that said no issues their manager told them the vouchers are legit and showed them how to use it. They been accepting them and it's redeeming in their system.
At 4 BPs? Massive training issue then. I had much less resistance back when wicodes were unknown and I had to show the guys how to redeem them.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
At 4 BPs? Massive training issue then. I had much less resistance back when wicodes were unknown and I had to show the guys how to redeem them.

Yeah, but they all franchises to it’s quite possible the owners simply don’t give a damn.

ld13

Honorary Master
Can I sponsor you a voucher? In return for the steps to redeem one?

isie

Honorary Master
Training is meant to be done by each manager , they normally just get an email with instructions and they pass that on to staff.
But not sure whats the case this time , i just showed them on the app i didn't want to buy and then have an issue :)
and they were like ya boss we know how it works and a few people already redeemed.

Can I sponsor you a voucher? In return for the steps to redeem one?
Thanks but No need to sponsor me :)
They just need to select the voucher or redemption option on the credit card speedpoint and punch in the code it will deduct the value from your total. that's all they said and it works

But @twr is willing :)

ejacob25

I recently redeemed one at BP in Greenstone hill, the cashier didn't know what to do but the manager sorted it out

planeboy

Anyone redeemed the vodacom BP voucher in Cape Town successful? Went to two stations around Goodwood, first didnt know at all and second one tried and got a slip print out that read sale captured but still had to pay for my R100 petrol as nothing else shows it going off on their side and no email or message to me to say redeemed. Please assist me as i did purchase 5 vouchers and with expiry around corner don't want to waste this money. Thanks

Attachments

• 16061431338563532771247933295189.jpg
    16061431338563532771247933295189.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22

ld13

Honorary Master
Thanks but No need to sponsor me :)
They just need to select the voucher or redemption option on the credit card speedpoint and punch in the code it will deduct the value from your total. that's all they said and it works
1606158554194.png
These are options that are available, as per the manager: Fleetmove are for the trucks, Loyalty is the smartshopper redemptions and "Pay by voucher" did jack:

Went to two stations around Goodwood, first didnt know at all and second one tried and got a slip print out that read sale captured but still had to pay for my R100 petrol as nothing else shows it going off on their side and no email or message to me to say redeemed. Please assist me as i did purchase 5 vouchers and with expiry around corner don't want to waste this money. Thanks

Ditto. Join the club @planeboy
Busy collecting my own collection as well:

1606159490221.png

Edit: Just to be clear, this slip prints out even when we entered the same code more than once, I still had to pay for the fuel in the end.

Edit 2: Vodacom told me:
Kindly note, training with the BP staff has been addressed by their management, as this was identified as a gap. There was some confusion surrounding the fuel and PNP Express vouchers. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

So I went again. No luck. 100% the same situation where they have no idea how to redeem the vouchers. Nothing have changed. These vouchers are still fake.

Last edited:

isie

Honorary Master
View attachment 958654
These are options that are available, as per the manager: Fleetmove are for the trucks, Loyalty is the smartshopper redemptions and "Pay by voucher" did jack:

Ditto. Join the club @planeboy
Busy collecting my own collection as well:

View attachment 958668

Edit: Just to be clear, this slip prints out even when we entered the same code more than once, I still had to pay for the fuel in the end.

Edit 2: Vodacom told me:
Kindly note, training with the BP staff has been addressed by their management, as this was identified as a gap. There was some confusion surrounding the fuel and PNP Express vouchers. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

So I went again. No luck. 100% the same situation where they have no idea how to redeem the vouchers. Nothing have changed. These vouchers are still fake.
If i get a chance ill go ask them what options they use, and give feedback here.
Sorry dont go past often and at home currently