Vodacom Blacklisted IP addresses : can't send email

Candice Cooper

If you are having the problem where everything works except you cannot send emails check if the IP address is blacklisted - I am continuously assigned Blacklisted IP addresses by Vodacom despite trying everything I can think of I cannot get any help from Vodacom, to the point where the Manager of my local store suggested I send him an email with screenshots........ yip that would be send him an email from blacklisted Vodacom IP addresses that are blocked from sending email! Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this from happening? I am desperate!

basil katakuzinos

If you are having the problem where everything works except you cannot send emails check if the IP address is blacklisted - I am continuously assigned Blacklisted IP addresses by Vodacom despite trying everything I can think of I cannot get any help from Vodacom, to the point where the Manager of my local store suggested I send him an email with screenshots........ yip that would be send him an email from blacklisted Vodacom IP addresses that are blocked from sending email! Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this from happening? I am desperate!
In all honesty, all i can think of is setting up a VPN or switching from Vodacom.

Ivanr

Expert Member
@Candice Cooper - Sorry to see you have issues with your connection, but there is a hard lesson to learn - Avoid the Vodashop and related franchises for any assistance, it is what we call Cavit Emptor - Beware.
We would suggest using the following method to resolve your issues.
  1. Compose a properly constructed email clearly stating your IP issues to customercare@vodacom.co.za obtaining a service reference (SR).
  2. Allow for 7 business days to resolve your issues.
  3. In the event the matter is not resolved then compose a properly constructed email to ceo@vodacom.co.za using your Service Reference as first word in the subject (This is most important).
You should now have a reasonable chance in resolving your issues and bonus of all of it in writing for records.

We have found this method works the best when dealing with Vodacom and similar corporate bodies.

EDIT: Use a friends PC to send these emails in case you are not able to.

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Use a SMTP relay server. If you are using a SMTP relay server then the IP of the SMTP server is blacklisted.

Candice Cooper

@Candice Cooper - Sorry to see you have issues with your connection, but there is a hard lesson to learn - Avoid the Vodashop and related franchises for any assistance, it is what we call Cavit Emptor - Beware.
We would suggest using the following method to resolve your issues.
  1. Compose a properly constructed email clearly stating your IP issues to customercare@vodacom.co.za obtaining a service reference (SR).
  2. Allow for 7 business days to resolve your issues.
  3. In the event the matter is not resolved then compose a properly constructed email to ceo@vodacom.co.za using your Service Reference as first word in the subject (This is most important).
You should now have a reasonable chance in resolving your issues and bonus of all of it in writing for records.

We have found this method works the best when dealing with Vodacom and similar corporate bodies.

EDIT: Use a friends PC to send these emails in case you are not able to.
Thank you Ivanr for your sensible and practical advice..! :)

Nemesys

I had the same problem a few years ago and the advice I got form vodacom at the time were to use Smpt.vodacom.co.za instead of smpt.vodamail.co.za as my outgoing server. On my laptop I have been using this setting for years with a problem.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Don't waste your time trying to deal with Vodacom. Your issue is not unique or specific to Vodacom. All dynamically assigned IP addresses are generally blacklisted by SMTP servers, unless you're dealing with your ISP's own SMTP relay server.

Your issue is simply that you're not using an authenticated SMTP server to send your email.