Vodacom blacklisted phone because of fraud?

xrapidx

Honorary Master
So today Vodacom blacklisted my wifes phone after two and a bit years citing fraud, how the hell does that just happen?

Spent over 30min on the phone trying to resolve it - they'll apparently get back to me on Saturday.

The phone has always been on her number since new, it was actually an insurance replacement for a stolen phone.

From what I understand from Vodacom - they claim the phone she has was stolem from them...

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
huh? what?

The onus is on them to prove that the phone was indeed stolen from them - and your wife's insurance should be able to prove that it was not....

Good luck is all I can say, you'll get sent from pillar to post with this.

Easiest way to resolve this is just to get a replacement phone than trying to fight the system, not worth the stress and hassles.

Venomous

Honorary Master
huh? what?

The onus is on them to prove that the phone was indeed stolen from them - and your wife's insurance should be able to prove that it was not....

Good luck is all I can say, you'll get sent from pillar to post with this.

Easiest way to resolve this is just to get a replacement phone than trying to fight the system, not worth the stress and hassles.
Her number will probably also be listed.

And why let them get away with it?

Contact insurance get proof from them that they supplied the phone.

Submit to VC and insist they open the phone. Further if they blacklisted the phone they need their proof on hand. Do not accept waiting until Sat. Give them 24 hours from your original call and after that harass them.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Its complete BS, already emailed the insurance, my wife needs her phone for work.

It was a Samsung Galaxy S7 ...

Her number still works fine in my phone...

xrapidx

Honorary Master
My **** - when **** like this happens you realise just how incompetent this country has become.

Insurance: We don't provide stolen phones
Vodacom: We can't provide proof why the phone was blacklisted.

Getting ****ing nowhere with these people.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
So this is the response from Vodacom:
Vodacom said:
Good Day x,

Thank you for your patience while we were investigating your query.

Please be advised that the device was blacklisted because the device was acquired fraudulently which therefore means we cannot proceed with unblacklisting the device.

We trust that you find the above in order.

Kind Regards
Fair enough - if its true.

The supplier Santam used, 3G MOBILE, who now seem to be phonefast were very quick to collect the phone yesterday - they promised to also deliver a loan phone while they resolve this - which never materialised, and they have since not responded to emails.

This is the response from the broker, AON - who were copied on the mails since yesterday. (although not a sunrise)

AON said:
<NOTHING>
I have now again asked them to get involved as they are the brokers, and I'm doing the running from pillar to post.

They are also partners with Investec - who I have now also copied, however, I also emailed Investec on Tuesday regarding another complaint against AON - which they did not respond to, which is really disappointing from them. (It took from Friday to Wednesday to get something as simple as 3rd party cover sorted out on a vehicle).

I am also now looking a new broker - tired of AON, and if Investec won't hold them to any standard, then what's the point.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Received a replacement Samsung S8 today, amazing what you have to do to get companies involved to respond.

Waiting for quotes from a new broker.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
OMG - this phone has also stopped working - exactly the same error message.

If it is also a fraudualnty provided phone - I'm going to try and find a newspaper to do an article on it - twice in a row, not even four months later.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master

If it is also a fraudualnty provided phone - I'm going to try and find a newspaper to do an article on it - twice in a row, not even four months later.
Carte Blanche them!

supersunbird

Honorary Master

MyBB is an online newspaper.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
A bit of jumping up and down trying to find out if the phone is blacklisted and its working again - miraculiously - after calling Vodacom - hopefully not going to be sitting in this situation again, really don't trust the insurances provider after my previous experience with them.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator

Did you piss them off some time ago in the past?