Vodacom Cancels iPhone4 Deal R379 - What now??

corp

Okay so I wanted that phone on that deal or the slightly bigger deal of R429 but when I phone Vodacom upgrades now they said the deal on the TopUp275 is cancelled. They renew package deals every 6th one month to the 7th of the next. Point is I don't realy want to spend more than R450pm total so I prefer the TopUp315 Business package (as they called it) and it is which I am on now. The woman I spoke to didn't seem to know much about new packages either. I will consider paying in but only to a point. I see MTN's site still advertises their R379 deal but when I phoned about porting they were utterly unhelpful so I think my decision to stay with VC is still just.

Can someone with knowledge about the newly released packages please advise me what is available.

BCR

Expert Member
....The woman I spoke to didn't seem to know much about new packages either. ....

Best is to go to a Vodacom outlet where they're likely to feel compelled to get all the answers to your questions & help out with the various packages. Face-to-face is always better than over the phone, in my experience.

However, perhaps another call or two beforehand, asking specifically for an agent or supervisor who knows the packages 'inside out' is worthwhile trying.
Explain that you've already dealt with someone who was unsure, and you'll invariably know when you're speaking to someone who's confident about what's on offer.

corp

It was. Kinda bummed now although I spoke to another person who says that I can still get iPhone on TopUp315 and I pay R149pm for handset. That is R474 about with clip and etc. Not to bad but must admit that if the deal is good I may go with my second choice and get the Galaxy.

Speedster

Honorary Master
It was. Kinda bummed now although I spoke to another person who says that I can still get iPhone on TopUp315 and I pay R149pm for handset. That is R474 about with clip and etc. Not to bad but must admit that if the deal is good I may go with my second choice and get the Galaxy.

That's quite pricey. The R379 deal included some data as well as R275 airtime.

corp

I know. It does push me to use the internet more when at home or office so as I can use wifi instead of 3G. Who knows, maybe this is all a sign for me to get another phone and prepare myself for a cash buy when iPhone 5 comes out.

dudesweet

Will drop by a bit later today and see what the story is. That doesn't sound right though -

corp

LoL...everyone tries to sell me that. Just got off the phone with another sales lady who also tried. I don't doubt that it is an amazing phone but I don't like how it looks at all. It would be like waking up next to Quasimodo's ugly twin sister every morning.

BLo_0p

Get an HTC and go Cell C, they seem to be the only provider who is trying to actually do something. MTN, it seems, has no intention of dropping prices. I am on MTN and how I wish I had just waited a few more month and went over to Cell C... sigh :/ Anyway, Android is awesome :D So wait for the HTC Desire HD on Cell C :D

corp

... So wait for the HTC Desire HD on Cell C :D

I don't know, hey. I see the Desire HD is highly rated but the battery is poor and Cell C infrastructure may not be so great outside major CBD areas.

Budza

Executive Member
What you reckon between the SGS and the Desire HD?

corp

I would go Galaxy but if you google it many recon this HD is fantastic and takes no 1 spot in some cases.

corp

Okay, I may just consider the Cell C porting advice. Was on their website now and read few opinions. Seems as if many would choose to go that route especially if they come out with smartphone orientated packages.

hschutte

I’m paying R415 per month for a Talk 130 contract + SIM + CLIP + 200 SMS’s + iPhone 4 finance, if you’re interested.

Mr K

Okay so I wanted that phone on that deal or the slightly bigger deal of R429 but when I phone Vodacom upgrades now they said the deal on the TopUp275 is cancelled. They renew package deals every 6th one month to the 7th of the next. Point is I don't realy want to spend more than R450pm total so I prefer the TopUp315 Business package (as they called it) and it is which I am on now. The woman I spoke to didn't seem to know much about new packages either. I will consider paying in but only to a point. I see MTN's site still advertises their R379 deal but when I phoned about porting they were utterly unhelpful so I think my decision to stay with VC is still just.

Can someone with knowledge about the newly released packages please advise me what is available.

I would wait for one more month if i can. 8ta is going to release Iphone with their packages before Christmas.

corp

My only problem is I must find way to limit myself. I get carried away sometimes when calling or web surfing on 3G and I have accidentally phoned contacts in US and UK before.

corp

I would wait for one more month if i can. 8ta is going to release Iphone with their packages before Christmas.

I think 8ta must be given few more months before they should be considered as viable option. Pricing is great though.