Vodacom Carry Over Minutes and Data - Losing what i paid for!

nevadayz

Expert Member
Howzit Guys,

I've been monitoring my usage over the last few months and have noticed that VC have changed how they work their carry over policy for minutes and data. previously, i think the minutes carried over up to 3 months, but now, its just a month! Whats more is that, if you have minutes carried over from the previous month, you can only use them after you deplete your minutes from the current month. So if you dont finish your current months minutes, you will automatically lose all your minutes from the previous month!

Can they do this? really doesnt seem fair as i have been losing a fair amount of minutes/data on monhts where my consumption is not that high.

*im on a smart standard contract, 130 minutes, 60 on net minutes, 60 weekend minutes, 300sms, 300 mb data

nevadayz

Expert Member
wish it was so easy, unfortunately i get the best service/reception with them in my area, and already 6 months in my new contract.

TheTwo

Expert Member
I queried exactly the same with them and was told "It's a Business Rule agreed with ICASA"
I translated that to "I'm changing service provider"

Ivanr

Expert Member
*im on a smart standard contract, 130 minutes, 60 on net minutes, 60 weekend minutes, 300sms, 300 mb data
If you took the time to study = Cavite Emptor(Let the buyer beware) the T & C's properly related to the "Smart Contracts" BEFORE signing you would have known of the "Carry Over" rules. You only have yourself to blame Sir!!!! This principal should be applied to ALL NETWORKS. :)

nevadayz

Expert Member
If you took the time to study = Cavite Emptor(Let the buyer beware) the T & C's properly related to the "Smart Contracts" BEFORE signing you would have known of the "Carry Over" rules. You only have yourself to blame Sir!!!! This principal should be applied to ALL NETWORKS. :)

sigh i figured as much, was previously on Anytime 200, didnt expect any changes when i migrated :(