Vodacom CEO's advice to fix South Africa

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Vodacom CEO's advice to fix South Africa

South African business leaders are in harmony on what the country needs after this week’s elections.

Reinvigorating the economy leads the agenda of what Cyril Ramaphosa, the favorite to retain the presidency, must tackle once taking office.

Thor

Honorary Master
The most significant obstacle to reducing input costs and, by extension, data prices is the fact that no new spectrum has been allocated in South Africa in the last 14 years
The biggest BS I have read all morning.

Happy Days

Hey, Shameel, how about fixing your claim of being SA's best network based on brand recognition/components/thumbsuck instead of trying to fix SA?

krycor

Honorary Master
Hey, Shameel, how about fixing your claim of being SA's best network based on brand recognition/components/thumbsuck instead of trying to fix SA?

If i was in charge of spectrum i'd give it to them but also add in the fine print that failure to directly reduce prices will see them forfeit large % of their company revenue as a penalty for taking crap. Watch how fast they refuse it then haha

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Yeah shameel.. Your advice generally focuses on what will get your shareholders a return... The fact that it will benefit SA is probably secondary in your head.