Vodacom cuts off iBurst over unpaid bills

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Regardless of an agreement being in place or not. Gotta pay the bill for services rendered no?

Necuno

Court Jester
Just imagine of all those abused by vodacoms OOB just stops paying bills. The irony.

Johnfpro

Presumably VC were running the service at a profit at an 11cent termination rate?

Why can't they drop all the other termination rates to say, 20cents, for all of us?

McGuywer

Executive Member
Regardless of an agreement being in place or not. Gotta pay the bill for services rendered no?
I agree.
Just imagine of all those abused by vodacoms OOB just stops paying bills. The irony.
It will crumble Vodacom's network but you would still need to pay it. You cannot receive a service and expect not to pay for it...
Presumably VC were running the service at a profit at an 11cent termination rate?
Why can't they drop all the other termination rates to say, 20cents, for all of us?
I would think that they have a guaranteed amount of SMS's that will be send. With subscribers, you do not know. Also, I think there is a bit "less" support offered. Perhaps only a gateway and that is it.

Also, MyBB, great headline sensationalizing!

RichardG

Honorary Master
Pay up people. only free lunch is in government.

Maybe CEO thinks they have special privileges cos at one stage Vodacom was a shareholder at WBS(iBurst).

Pay up WBS, its the right thing to do :)

Electron1

Expert Member
Yep ,there are people out there that have stuck with iBurst despite the issues. Amazing how they run to court to try to resolve problems caused by their lack of payment. Even better is that this time they wanted ICASA to protect them!

Executive Member
Doesn't WBS have some valuable LTE spectrum? If they are sinking, someone will gobble them up quickly for that LTE right?