• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Vodacom "Entertainment Services" in my bill?

b_crazy

Expert Member
I've got a charge this month of R94 in my contract bill so far. I've got no idea what this and not sure how long I've been charged for this.

How can I find out what it's from?

Update: Total came up to almost R1500 :mad:

Last edited:

Jola

Honorary Master
Vodacom are running a big racket extorting users with Vodafone Live charges.

There have been other threads on this, many of their subscribers have been caught.

You have to phone them and complain, and try to get them to refund you.

While you are at it, open fraud charges against the CEO at the nearest police station.

Jola

Honorary Master
They will try to claim that you subscribed to this service, but most people that have been caught know nothing of this.

Criminals.

b_crazy

Expert Member
Up to yesterday, it's a total of 181 days since this has been charging to my account. R1 810 !!! :mad:

hexagon

I was billed for this. I immediately checked and none of the Vodacom Live apps are on my phone or have been on my phone. The last time I saw a VLive app was about two contracts ago and it was immediately deleted without opening (I hate bloatware of any sort). I do not use any Vodacom service other than the My Vodacom portal to check billing etc. I do not touch premium SMS services or anything remotely similar (and no kids). This is an outrage... point me to the class action complaint and I'll be there.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I also got this on a SIM card in a dongle device.
Now how could I have subscribed from that SIM card?

aybbleek

Expert Member
Yup, friend of mine got nailed with this too. Seems to be very wide spread. I strongly encourage a MyBB investigation

Jola

Honorary Master

hexagon

I have just been billed for "Entertainment Services" (Vodafone Live) again, despite calling them last month and complaining pretty loudly about the item (and they swore that it would be removed). I have never, ever subscribed to this. How do I escalate this?