Vodacom "Entertainment Services" in my bill?

jannievanzyl

Telecoms expert
[MENTION=77906]jannievanzyl[/MENTION]

Are you aware of this, seems widespread?
Busy checking.

We've always had issues with rogue WASPs and have built things like double opt-in.

I know some extra systems are being developed but need to go check what exactly.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Busy checking.

We've always had issues with rogue WASPs and have built things like double opt-in.

I know some extra systems are being developed but need to go check what exactly.
But this is VC, not WASP's. There are more threads complaining about this.

signates

Expert Member
But this is VC, not WASP's. There are more threads complaining about this.
+1

This is Vodacom Live not some random wasp.

I had the the same in my topup contract for R7/day. Not sure how much was taken but managed to get it stopped a few weeks ago. I have never subscribed to any service from vlive.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Busy checking.

Why is VC allowing WASPs to use Vlive without proper double opt in? Because if it's not WASPs then it VC itself...

And the double opt in is flawed since clicking on a URL can be the opt in and can thus easily be faked. Only replying to a SMS should be a valid opt in.

signates

Expert Member
Since the last unauthorised vlive charge, I've blocked all wasp charges through the call centre.

I've received this sms this morning that a new charge was blocked. Good to know that it's being blocked on all services as the double opt in is definitely not working as it should.

Is there even a real need for wasps. I cannot see a single service that I would want to activate through wasp daily or weekly billing. Screenshot_20181002-093725_Messages.jpeg

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Just had one of my corporate customers phone me because of this on their lines. I really wish it would stop. :crying:

Ghoster79

Just got a message thanking me for joining the "animals weekly" subscription service at R5 per day - from Vlive - thanks but no thanks. At least giving me the option of opting out would have been nice, instead of just trying to take my money without my consent (I'm sure there's a technical term for that practice)