Vodacom experiences downtime in Gauteng (25 October 2011)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Marine1 must have managed to circumvent the security measures at one of the big links again and unplugged a cable to piss Jannie off!!! :p

Grap sommer net. :)

devilfp

They aren’t sure what the extent of the problem is, but wanted to inform subscribers of the outage even if it turns out to be short.

They know that they wont be able to hide it!

MOLOI

I am in Springs area in the East Rand. Indeed we cannot use Vodacom today since sometime noon. It report network error when trying to connect. We hope the problem gets resolved soon...

arnoldgr

Unacceptable

Hey if this is their main product - someone needs to get fired! Look at the huge building they live in - the salaries of directors and staff - and they get away with this service? It is a shame.

Electron1

Expert Member
I am unable to connect too. In Sandton.
Phone just shows SOS. Was wondering why this afternoon was so quiet.

Maybe I should create hell at the MyBB conference tomorrow? :p

At least Vodacom are using Twitter to keep us informed....

marine1

Honorary Master
When are we as a nation going to hold these pricks accountable?
I am sooo sick and tired of Vodacom and their crap

Electron1

Expert Member
It Alive!! :D
Just got signal back again! (still in Sandton ATM)

Not impressed Vodacom.... :mad:

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Update: Vodacom spokesperson Richard Boorman explained that today's outage (25 October 2011) is due to a software error on a voice switch, which has been reset to resolve the issue. Boorman said that there may be some congestion that needs to be cleared, but that the network should be running normally soon.

*EDIT*: Damnit... beaten to it by the one charge wonder.

Jakes147

Expert Member
Can I use this as a reason to cancel my contract without heavy penalties? I've only got 3 months left on the contract.

vzta22

Good that VC acknowledged the problem and informed everyone before public uproar. Just try to sort your network problems before your apologies stop making an impact - far too many problems already.

marine1

Honorary Master
Good that VC acknowledged the problem and informed everyone before public uproar. Just try to sort your network problems before your apologies stop making an impact - far too many problems already.
No its not good, what's it a few times every month? Absolutely pathetic !!

jasweb

Well, at last they are "communicating". However I am seeing a major reduction in service (Sunday could not make calls for about 2 hours in Centurion - had to drive to Nando's to place an order for lunch). Most days at work (Hatfield) I am getting Netword Unavailable / Connection Errors.

Remeber a few months ago someone from Vodacom (Pieter Uys?) said they are now working on a "smart" network, but users will experience some problems till the rollout is finished. Well you have till May 2012 and then I am moving to CellC (not that many issues currently - well on the prepaid I have been using at least)...

marine1

Honorary Master
Smart network? No what happened is they stopped upgrades or maintaining the network pre buy in from Vodafone, like it or not, thats what happened.
Jannie and crew will dispute this.