• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Two-Day Giveaway - Win a Google Chromecast, Branded Gear, and a Mystery Gadget. Enter Here.
  • Giveaway - Win a DiskStation DS918+ and Active Backup Suite from Synology. Enter Here.

Vodacom Fibre Open Access

mayken

Hi everyone,

We just got our fibre installation approved by vodacom in our estate and the contractor says it should be ready for clients to get services end of July,but one thing that baffles me is that the contractor say Vodacom has gone open access on their fibre as of 1st of July 2018 but i tried googling and there is nothing that talks about that.Can someone verify if Vodacom will/is going open access.

envo

Expert Member
I've heard the same thing last year November that they wanted to go open access this year, will have to check, cause then I'm going with the fastest Netflix ISP....

envo

Expert Member
I think Vodacom as an ISP is open access, and partner's with a bunch of other fibre providers. No idea why though, their pricing sucks compared

Vodacom have not gone open access. I am stuck with Vodacom who want R900 per month and R1000 installation. My neighbour who is with an open access can have the same package with free installation for R600 per month . Vodacom is becoming a monopoly on the fibre world

Diabolix

Vodacom's fiber network isn't open access as yet, but they are working on it.

Probably only due early next year the last time I had a chat with a Vodacom rep.

isie

Executive Member
Vodacom have not gone open access. I am stuck with Vodacom who want R900 per month and R1000 installation. My neighbour who is with an open access can have the same package with free installation for R600 per month . Vodacom is becoming a monopoly on the fibre world
why would you have vodacom and your neighbour another backhaul provider?

In Brackendowns where I live SAD Village (Open service provider) has gone live in nearly all of Brackendowns but not the section where I live. Motheo who laid the network has partnered with SAD Village for most of Brackendowns and my Block they partnered with Vodacom. My main concern is that Vodacom will charge people on the SAD Village section R604 month to month + free installation and on their own network R900 + R1000 installation. How can they justify increasing the product by 50% with installation costs on their own network when they have to still be making a profit on the open source network. This is Vodacom ripping of its customers.

Has anyone thought of why Vodacom are not yet open access. It is so that they can sign up as many customers as possible before you have a choice on using other networks.