Vodacom files court papers against Icasa

Peon

Expert Member
suck a lemon you bunch of basterds - vodacon power to us only

Beri

Expert Member
lol
so glag that they are thinking of the customer first..... wait I am no longer with them.....lol stuff you

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Can we take etolls to court based on their logic?

Except that etolls make living more expensive, not cheaper...

Twista

“Icasa has not followed this process and as a result our customers will be unfairly prejudiced.”

Hmmm, maybe in VODAFONE WONDERLAND...

Twista

Its just sad that ICASA did not follow the right procedure... but theirs hearts were in the correct place. power to the people.

ICASA should have know better. When dealing with thieves they should have been more careful...

I hope the boys at ICASA have a trick up their sleeves.

somewherenotthere

Er, I am not a huge fan of massive interconnect fees, but I don't really understand how you can expect all companies to pay the same rate to use other companies' network. I am with Vodacom because I have more coverage and less drops than I had with CellC.

I know full well that CellC are cheaper on stuff, but I pay the premium for the better network (I can see it degrading already).

If CellC had the better network, I would probably go to them and therefore vodacom would be forced to decrease their fees in order to get me back.

I agree competition is good, but I also like having a working network.

Toxic T

“Icasa has not followed this process and as a result our customers will be unfairly prejudiced.”

Ummm, I am a vodacom customer and I do not feel unfairly prejudiced.

koeks525

Expert Member
Cell C better come up with an epic advertisement, putting Vodacom and MTN in bed together :D

Come on, Vodacom, you could have come up with something better ;)

marine1

Honorary Master
Bloody disgusting thieves. Ashamed to be a customer of theirs. Scumbag mafia

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Create a backlash

Every unhappy VC customer should take a few minutes & phone the VC call centre 2moro asking about the procedure/penalties & time until you can port away despite whether you can do it right now or not.

Tell them the reason is as a direct result of this announcement and you won't support a company that uses your own subscription fees to fight against lower prices.

My contract's up in April, I'm outta here soon.

marine1

Honorary Master
Maybe we should file papers for refunds on all the dropped calls? Class action anyone?

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
I need to see Vodacom's papers but a few really important things:
(1) Vodacom is proposing an immediate rate cut so they are not in the same boat as MTN on this
(2) There are legitimate concerns about the processes followed by ICASA that in a constitutional state premised on the rule of law such concerns should be determined upon by a competent court and there is nothing untoward in causing administrative action that causes prejudice to interests to be taken to review.
(3) There are questions at issue as asymmetry and the respective degree of asymmetry and a legitimate case can be made that CellC may be benefiting from regulatory arbitrage (and rent seeking). Whilst I am firmly of the view that in light of the gains by asymmetry to the detriment of Telkom until recently that the move is a better way to deal with a legacy of problems than many other options it is still a legitimate concern - that can be determined by a competent court.

The problem I have though is that both Vodacom and MTN are not looking at the own operational models and adapting same to a changing landscape. There are measures and solutions that can be implemented (and would work well as agreements by order of court) that should be explored by the companies to act in everybody (their own) best interests.

Allin

Expert Member
Please name the "customers (that) will be unfairly prejudiced"