Vodacom glitch caused user’s newer mobile data to deplete first

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Vodacom glitch caused user’s newer mobile data to deplete first

A Vodacom customer contacted MyBroadband this week stating that their mobile data bundles were being depleted on a “Last In First Out” (LIFO) basis, which is in contravention of ICASA’s regulations which came into effect on 1 March 2019.

Among other requirements, these regulations require networks to deplete data on a “First In First Out” (FIFO) basis.

hungrymamba

Has this not happened before? Mmmm ... I can't remember correctly. I am having déjà vu and amnesia moments at the same time... It's disturbing...

werny

Expert Member
Mine seems to work fine, using the oldest bundle first, never even knew this was/might be an issue:

1554457286358.png

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Not a glitch at all, this was talked about years ago, on this here forum. Back with the OOB shark early days.
Ag my f*k beans. It's not supposed to work like that anymore after ICASA regulations, so while I doubt is isolated, it is a glitch.

Swa

Honorary Master
Not a glitch at all, this was talked about years ago, on this here forum. Back with the OOB shark early days.
That's how it used to be yes, but it was supposed to be changed with the new regulations. The "glitch" is probably pebkac.

It happened to me I bought 10 gigs of data 20th of march and 10 days later the data was depleted... What was surprising was that I had just bought a rain router and it arrived on the same day with 10 unlimited internet days and I obviously connected to WiFi immediately switching of my data. I phoned Vodacom and they said they can't tell why my data was gone but they will compansate me 5 gigs for free. This is totally unacceptable and I'm never buying data again from Vodacom again.

Attachments

This is not a isolated issue as im experiencing the same issue and this is not the first time its happening and when i called vodacom they told me that is how the system works last in first out which sucks as i had nearly a gig left of last month

supersunbird

Honorary Master
This is not a isolated issue as im experiencing the same issue and this is not the first time its happening and when i called vodacom they told me that is how the system works last in first out which sucks as i had nearly a gig left of last month
That's not how it should work anymore, if still working like that, report it to the writer of this story.