Vodacom in discussions with Remgro over potential CIVH acquisition

lsmt

Ooh Nooo!!! There goes affordable fiber. Everything Vodacom touches becomes unaffordable and slows down to a halt because Vodacom "CHOKE" all their services. You will have to get a 50Mb line to be able to stream 480p.

Johand

Expert Member
Second NOOOO! Vodacom does not play nice in letting independents operate ISPs / service providers over their network. Just think of how Vodacom squeezed out all the independent service providers out of the cellphone space.

Johand

Expert Member
All packages will have FUP and OOB rates :p
And terrible, terrible shaping. This is the company that only bundles 2GB of data with its premium "Red Select" plan. 800 minutes but only 2GB of data -- if that ratio does not show they are out of touch then I don't know what would prove it.

Johand

Expert Member
Please don't do this. Vumatel is already expensive.
Expensive compared to? Last time I checked they were roughly in line with the other operators (except Cybersmart, but they only do high-density buildings).

Wish they will boost upload speed, or make all packages symmetrical, but apart from that I don't really know of anybody that provides a *lot* more bang for buck...

I also don't think they make a lot of money right of the bat -- payback period is most probably in excess of 6/7 years for them.