Vodacom in discussions with Remgro over potential CIVH acquisition

Thor

Honorary Master
Expensive compared to? Last time I checked they were roughly in line with the other operators (except Cybersmart, but they only do high-density buildings).

Wish they will boost upload speed, or make all packages symmetrical, but apart from that I don't really know of anybody that provides a *lot* more bang for buck...

I also don't think they make a lot of money right of the bat -- payback period is most probably in excess of 6/7 years for them.
SADV

Thor

Honorary Master
Yea the fiber scene in SA is fcked (for the consumer) unfortunately our lawmakers are not the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to technology and data infrastructure.

marine1

Honorary Master
Imagine how things will go if VC take over Vuma?
Good luck to everyone on that network......

The_MAC

Executive Member
Everyone will be better off if they rather pay-off the Please-Call-Me inventor and leave this silly idea in the recycle bin..

Gudnews

There should be a sticky notice at the top of this site: FIBRE not fiber.

Please MyBroadband, do not show pics of their CEO again! Everytime i spit on my screen, i struggle to clean it again...

Swa

Honorary Master
Competition Commission must block this. If they want to do fibre they must build it from the ground up or continue with what they've built so far.
You know Vumatel didn't build most of it from the ground up? Actually I'm in opposite mind to this. Vumatel is already expensive and getting towards being the most expensive because they're struggling to raise capital, something Vodacom doesn't have a shortage of. I can only see it going down and perhaps dropping that ridiculous connection fee. Just maybe we'll also see prepaid fibre being offered as standard seeing how Vodacom has built a whole business on that culture.

Expensive compared to? Last time I checked they were roughly in line with the other operators (except Cybersmart, but they only do high-density buildings).

Wish they will boost upload speed, or make all packages symmetrical, but apart from that I don't really know of anybody that provides a *lot* more bang for buck...

I also don't think they make a lot of money right of the bat -- payback period is most probably in excess of 6/7 years for them.
Openserve?