Vodacom insurance (job loss, disability ect)

Francois Marais

I must renew my contract soon (just waiting for the new iPhone to launch to see if I want the 11 or the SE2)
But I have a few health issues and need to protect my wife in the event that I might pass away, be declared disabled (in the event that I am sent to hospice) and loose my income due to the illness that I have.

But I can’t find something on their website. I could not visit one of their shops yet (was in hospital for the past two weeks undergoing surgery) so I have to avoid crowded places like shops for another 3 - 4 weeks.

So does anyone have a link to a product that can provide financial cover in such an event?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I sincerely hope you get better soon.
You've been through a traumatic event.
My advice however is a standard life policy.
Edit: spelling.

Last edited:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
I must renew my contract soon (just waiting for the new iPhone to launch to see if I want the 11 or the SE2)
But I have a few health issues and need to protect my wife in the event that I might pass away, be declared disabled (in the event that I am sent to hospice) and loose my income due to the illness that I have.

But I can’t find something on their website. I could not visit one of their shops yet (was in hospital for the past two weeks undergoing surgery) so I have to avoid crowded places like shops for another 3 - 4 weeks.

So does anyone have a link to a product that can provide financial cover in such an event?
Do you really have to renew your contract and can’t go month to month? Is your old phone so bad now it has to go?

Francois Marais

Do you really have to renew your contract and can’t go month to month? Is your old phone so bad now it has to go?
I use my phone a lot for work and can’t afford to have a phone with a battery about to die while I am in the field. The health on my XR (Battery) is on 87%, i do not know what crap batter I received in my unit but it is 20 months old. And I do not have the cash to buy a new device at this stage. Would love to go month to month, but experience taught me Vodascum can screw that up as well. Oh and having a phone with a dead battery when I have an emergency is also a stuffup. I had two phones, one on Vodascum and one on Telcrap, but even with a full phone on Telcrap I could not contact help when I was in an emergency, because there were no reception in JHB CBD.

B-1

You will need to check the preexisting clauses for the insurance you are looking at. Most don't cover preexisting conditions. I'm sorry to hear about your health :(

RedViking

Nord of the South
Sell the XR and buy something like a Xiaomi Note 9 or Note 10 maybe? Excellent battery life. That way you don't spend extra money monthly on a phone or insurance. Also dual sim, can put in Vodacom and MTN.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Sell the XR and buy something like a Xiaomi Note 9 or Note 10 maybe? Excellent battery life. That way you don't spend extra money monthly on a phone or insurance. Also dual sim, can put in Vodacom and MTN.
He has an iPhone with apparently very crappy battery life within 20 months, and now wants to get another one.

RedViking

Nord of the South
He has an iPhone with apparently very crappy battery life within 20 months, and now wants to get another one.
iPhones are generally good. Can also replace the battery for a couple of 100. Batteries naturally degrade over time depending on usage.

But I am just thinking. OP doesn't have money. Don't want to leave debt for wife. Doesn't have reception (dual sim will solve that) and wants good battery life.

Will get a good amount of cash for the iPhone and then can afford to get a decent phone for a decent price.

The only adjustment is going from Apple to Android.

Of course if you want to stick with Apple. Take out your wallet and pay.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Wow, a site where you have to complete a capcha just to browse never saw that on a shop before :unsure:
China doesn't mess around with Security. :p :p

They trustworthy though and bought a couple of phones from them. Can also use their Takealot store if you prefer:

Francois Marais

The reason I want to stick with Apple is for my Apple Watch, iPad, MacBook and Apple TV to work together. Or else I would stick with Android, but I am in the Apple environment. It is part of my job to know Apple Products as I support them.

Will rather replace the battery on my XR then.
Thanks for the person who posted the link on the battery replacement prices.

D tj

Expert Member
Look at paying with your credit card as you may have cover to settle if you pass.

Francois Marais

Will check if they still cover it. Had a huge problem getting ABSA to pay my card when I was declared disabled. Not sure if the cover on my card will cover death as well.... I might have to prove that I passed when I did and jump through houps and get more that 4 doctors to declare me disabled or in this case dead.

markings

Expert Member
I use my phone a lot for work and can’t afford to have a phone with a battery about to die while I am in the field. The health on my XR (Battery) is on 87%, i do not know what crap batter I received in my unit but it is 20 months old. And I do not have the cash to buy a new device at this stage. Would love to go month to month, but experience taught me Vodascum can screw that up as well. Oh and having a phone with a dead battery when I have an emergency is also a stuffup. I had two phones, one on Vodascum and one on Telcrap, but even with a full phone on Telcrap I could not contact help when I was in an emergency, because there were no reception in JHB CBD.
1 Car charger
2 Power bank