Vodacom K3772-z MiFi

MirageF1

Vodacom K3772-z MiFi or alternatives

Hi

Has anyone managed to get this mifi to work with non Vodacom or RAIN sim? i.e debrand it?

I have one lying around I never use that came with a laptop deal a I got a few yrs ago from IC, thought I could get it to work for an elderly relative to at least allow them access to internet at HSDPA rates as the mob signal in their area is pretty bad.
Thought this little dinosaur might at least pick up a stronger signal than their mob phone does...

Failing that any other recommendations for a inexpensive mifi device that won't break their pensioner pockets?

Last edited:

riscbroker

Expert Member
I'm not sure that it needs to be 'unbranded' - I'm currently using an MTN SIM in a Vodafone-branded mi-fi that has Vodafone software on it. I've used the same device with Vodacom and Telkom SIMs, but never had a RAIN SIM to test with. Maybe try an MTN SIM.

Edit:Are you testing with the appropriate APN and user name/password with the RAIN SIM?

Last edited:

sajunky

Honorary Master
+1. Rain has a list of approved devices and rejects all others. Contact Rain to find out whether your device is approved.

Try with MTN, Telkom or Cell C prepaid SIM. Leave username/password and APN empty, it will obtain default values from SIM. If Vodafone dialup profile is hardwired, it may need two-step setup: create a new dialup profile, then acivate such profile.