Vodacom launches new range of IoT gadgets

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Vodacom launches new range of IoT gadgets

Vodacom recently launched its new suite of consumer IoT devices and software, which it presented at Vodaworld in Midrand on 10 July.

“We’ve built a complete end to end connected solution,” said Vodacom's executive head of consumer IoT, Saloshni Muthal.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
"An example of this is the V-Kids watch, which lets parents track where their children are as well as create virtual fences which, if their children leave these areas, the parents are notified."

I can see the appeal in this but man, am I f**ing glad I grew up in the 80's and 90's.
Having a device where my parents could track my favorite fapping spots would have been a little aaaawkaard. Hell if anything I needed a device that could track my parents.

lived666

Executive Member
I plan on getting their new pet tracker, my dog wandered off on a hike once chasing rabbits took 3 hours of frantic searching.

Reactions: Yuu

Apogee

I plan on getting their new pet tracker, my dog wandered off on a hike once chasing rabbits took 3 hours of frantic searching.
How long does the battery last before you have to recharge the dog?

Reactions: Yuu

Dolby

Honorary Master
This is Samsung SmartThings... Not really some cheap Chinese junk and actually pretty cool.

I think most newish Samsung TVs are actually a 'Thing' and the newest TVs have the hub built in

BEB

Please correct me if I'm wrong but getting the "Vodacom" SmartThings hub may well be the only "Legal" way of getting a SmartThings hub in SA. Although, it has been a few months since I last searched for one.