Vodacom Legal Advice

johnjm

Expert Member
Hi there

I’m taking out a contract with Vodacom for a spare phone. It’s the XS or something at R129 a month.

Included in that is a R3.52 charge for this legal advice service that they provide.

The person can’t remove it from the system, and I find it ludicrous and was a deal breaker.

Has anyone picked this up before ?

I’ll probably still take it out and then challenge it. As I crossed it out and signed in the contract papers to indicate I didn’t want it.

ahf

@johnjm you can opt out see below:

To deactivate at any time, SMS 'Stoplegal' to 31118. Call 082 17 800 for service between 8:00 and 16:30 for expert legal advice on the telephone

randomcat

Expert Member
Call them and say you gave Makate the please call me idea. Say you want to sue him and ask if they will cover the legal fees. If they don't want to cover, cancel it. It's not worth the money.

johnjm

Expert Member
@johnjm you can opt out see below:

To deactivate at any time, SMS 'Stoplegal' to 31118. Call 082 17 800 for service between 8:00 and 16:30 for expert legal advice on the telephone

Thanks for this. Have done so. Let’s see.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Why would you take out a contract for a spare phone? You can buy pretty decent smartphones for cash off Takealot for a few thousand rand.

johnjm

Expert Member
Why would you take out a contract for a spare phone? You can buy pretty decent smartphones for cash off Takealot for a few thousand rand.

Esim for a wearable.

Anyway, it’s removed and sorted.

For those that laugh at the R3.52. Just read those terms and conditions if you ever use it.

And I guess when you have your bonds or buy a car you allow them to load up BS into the agreement.

Jokes on you.