Vodacom LTE-A vs Cool Ideas FTTH in Century City

MrsGreen

Quite simple one for all the Century City residents!!

Which is better in terms of connectivity sustainability and speed tests (costs and “presumed” upload/download not applicable to this conversation).

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Stay away from Cool Ideas.
Burnt ex-customer. PM me for the whole sad saga

Sohail

Also live in Century City, been on CISP since last year October. Have not had 1 issue. Although I am on the entry 10/10 line, my speeds are always up to what it should be.

MrsGreen

Also live in Century City, been on CISP since last year October. Have not had 1 issue. Although I am on the entry 10/10 line, my speeds are always up to what it should be.
Do you find the 10mbps speeds sufficient for you needs? We really just need it for general use, some Netflix and occasional music....

Sohail

It would depend how many people would be connected in your household. Perhaps start on a 10/10 line, if you need more, just upgrade the following month.

Where in Century City are you exactly?

MrsGreen

It would depend how many people would be connected in your household. Perhaps start on a 10/10 line, if you need more, just upgrade the following month.

Where in Century City are you exactly?
It’s just 2 adults and we in Century on Lake. Basically trying to get off my simple little mobile router from Vodacom (which gets 9mps download and 7mbps upload most of the time) as I need more data - 20GBS per month ain’t cutting it anymore!

Sohail

I would say go for it. Its month to month anyway :) Lots of people are having issues with CISP here, but I dont have any complaints.

MrsGreen

I would say go for it. Its month to month anyway :) Lots of people are having issues with CISP here, but I dont have any complaints.
Is your provider Century Connect or Frogfoot with CISP?