VODACOM - Multi Data SIM – now maximum of five SIM cards per Contract

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
How does it work?
With the Multi Data SIM service, customers can now add four other SIM cards to one account and share a data bundle (a BlackBerry SIM will only access the data bundle if the Internet APN is used). This means that a customer can have SIM cards for his/her laptop, PC, Smartphone or tablet, and receive one consolidated bill at the end of the month.

Please note:
• The SIM cards will not be dependent on one another. Each SIM card can be used at the same time, regardless of the device that is being used at the time.
• The SIM cards will all belong to the same Contract and therefore there will always be one Contract holder.
• Customers will be allowed to have a BlackBerry service on the primary SIM card or on only one of the additional SIM cards.

How much does it cost?
• A monthly subscription fee of R9.00 (incl. VAT) will be charged for each additional SIM card.
• Please note that the R9.00 per additional data SIM is a promotional price.
• A once-off cost for the SIM card and connection fee.

Who can get Multi Data SIM?
Vodacom Contract customers.

Where can customers get Multi Data SIM?
Customers can visit their nearest Service Provider to activate Multi Data SIM.

How does the migration work?
During any migration, both the primary and Multi Data SIM cards will be migrated to the same new
Price Plan which will be initiated against the primary SIM.

Where can customer get more information?
Visit vodacom.co.za

rodga

Honorary Master
i wanted this 4 years ago...
now im going to cell c (well soon anyways) :(

requiem

Expert Member
Maybe my web skills are not what they should be, but I cannot find any information about multi data sim.

seedat77

Can the sims all be used at the same time to make / recieve voice calls?
Can 1 data bundle be used for 3 different contracts, say 1 Weekender, 1 Topup and 1 Talk contract?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Can the sims all be used at the same time to make / recieve voice calls?
Can 1 data bundle be used for 3 different contracts, say 1 Weekender, 1 Topup and 1 Talk contract?

No....the data sims will be provisioned with data access only. The purpose of this is if you have a father for example and he wants his wife and two kiddies to be able to leech off his data bundle...then we activate 3 additional sims on his main number for them to use.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I like this :)

EDIT: Will this work on the TopUp Data contracts?

Afraid not. Only available to standard contracts (excluding MyMeg data contracts). Top Up and Prepaid can not have this product unfortunately.

Seeing that this is only available to contract clients....a Advanced Data Bundle would be adviseable to minimize the chance of bill shock.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Afraid not. Only available to standard contracts (excluding MyMeg data contracts). Top Up and Prepaid can not have this product unfortunately.

Seeing that this is only available to contract clients....a Advanced Data Bundle would be adviseable to minimize the chance of bill shock.

Then I'm just better off getting separate MyMeg topup contracts.