Vodacom New Contract Billing Query

techy01

Hi all,

I got a new device on contract added to my Vodacom account on Friday, 23 July 2021.

My debit order date is the 28th of each month and the subscription for the new contract is R709 p/m added onto my bill.

When logging onto the MyVodacom service it shows the bill so far for July for the new contract is about R850 (which does make sense as they add a connection fee, etc.).

However, my issue is the following: Will this extra R850 be debited along with the other devices this month on 28 July 2021 or only from next month, August 2021?

I phoned the Vodacom call centre, but the agent was unable to assist as the invoice for the new contract "doesn't show" on the system yet.

Any advice from anyone who has experienced something similar in the past? Or would my best course of action be to phone the call centre again before the 28th to confirm and hope it "shows" by then?

Hopefully someone can assist.

Cheers!

Sayf777

Expert Member
Think it may actually be the monthly contract amount + pro rated amount for the few days before your invoice date that will be charged.

bluepoole

In any case, in my experience, what you see on the app is what will get billed at the end of the month. So that amount will be billed end July.

Ivanr

Expert Member
@techy01 - The Vodacom billing principal as follow. Bill run for C3D is 1st day of month versus M2M systems on 3rd day of month.
1) Contract Subscriptions billed/payable in advance.
2) Value added services billed/payable in advance.
3) Usage eg. Voice minutes, data etc. payable end month
This should explain for all examples. Lesson to learn never enter in to upgrades/ new contracts before the 1st of any calendar month.