Vodacom: NO SERVICE

thed33p

<touch wood>
I used to experience the same issue (Jhb) but it hasn't happened for some time now...
</touch wood>

zakdoc89

Having endless issues with signal Vodacom has no regard for this apart from a few calls saying they're working on it... dissapointed... seems I'm gonna have to make a bit of a ruckus...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

wolfsburg

i had that problem ... displayed no signal . And i then called vodacom and they said my number was deleted off the system and no longer in use :) you have to love vodacom for that ... useless monkeys . Anyways needless to say it was an error on there side and my number was restored . So dont take the " No Signal " as o my phone has no signal ;)

Pixual

Expert Member
Its still happening to me daily. As soon as my airtime runs out I'm going to port to CellC. Morons...

Jacodb

I have exactly the same experience. NO SERVICE untill I reboot and a lot of dropped calls. I stay in Centurion.

FatBoySlim

Expert Member
Vodacom, even when there is service, there is still no service

Sent from my GT-P1000 using MyBroadband Android App

Pixual

Expert Member
If I was a contract customer I'd be looking at enforcing my CPA rights by now. As a prepaid customer I will just vote with my wallet. Interesting though that no one from VC has respomed on this forum to this issue.

jacodewet

Same issue on Vodacom

We are 4 guys at an office Umhlanga. 2 of which are on MTN and 2 (one of which is mine) on Vodacom.

The 2 Vodacom phones do this on a regular basis and have been doing so for a while now. The MTN guys have never experiences this.

It is also not limited to any area in my experience. Travel a lot in Durban area as well as in SA and have the same problem no matter where I go.

PLEASE can someone at Vodacom admit that there might be a problem.

deviliers

Vodacom workaround

Hi, I got a iPhone 4 3 weeks ago and this Vodacom issue only started in the last week for me. As soon as I activate the 3G the Vodacom No Service appears - without rebooting, deactivate the 3G and the signal comes back. On Edge the service is normal. In the Centurion area.

After reading some of the post here this morning, I reset my network settings - I activated 3G and touch wood still have a signal. Not sure how long it will last and I still have to test this driving around (at the moment still in office) but so far so good.

grok

Honorary Master
I've been tearing my hair out with exactly the same problem on my 3GS since upgrading to 4.3.3!

I've been on 3.1.3 like forever & never had any problems before, but about 4 weeks ago Vodacom had an outage & my phone went into the 'sync with itunes' mode. Innocently I decided lets finally upgrade to ios4 while I'm at it but I've been regretting that decision ever since. Phone would work fine for a day or two but invariably the signal would drop to 1 bar, followed by no service & back into the 'sync with itunes' mode. I've tried every fix I read about online, resetting network settings, airplane mode on/off .. yet it invariably ends up in sync mode with me unable to make or receive calls.

Google has many many people over the world claiming the same symptoms since ios4, all on different carriers. Some claiming wifi issues only and others like me problems with reception, yet both Vodacom or Apple refuses to acknowledge any problem. Apple released a carrier upgrade last week (Vodacom 10.1) which seemed ok for a while but in the end didn't fix anything for me.

I suspect it's more ios4 related than Vodacom unless VC changed something on their network (some blackberry users in the office also complains about things not working as smoothly as before). Reason is I've since switched back to using my old iPhone 2G (on ios3.0) and my signal has been rock-steady for more than a week. Pity the upgrade to 4.3.3 updated my 3GS's baseband so I can't revert back to 3.1.3 .. resulting in an unusable phone lying in a drawer at home.

Stay in Pta, work in Midrand (next to vodaworld!)

Pixual

Expert Member
Please let us know how you find CellC + iPhone.

Can't go there. Apparently they don't support iPhone on the speedy network yet. You can only use EDGE, which is not an option.

[touch wood] I haven't had the problem with NO SERVICE for a couple of weeks now, but I will still have a dropped call on every call I receive. That's guaranteed.

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
The iPhone 4 supports 900Mhz 3G - but it's the only one. Cell C 3G works brilliantly on my girlfriend's iPhone 4. Tethering, everything. Call quality is generally excellent.

Basilrsa

I guess VC has upgraded their tower in my area. I was regulary getting " no service" messages till about 3 weeks ago. Now all is back to normal.

Pixual

Expert Member
The iPhone 4 supports 900Mhz 3G - but it's the only one. Cell C 3G works brilliantly on my girlfriend's iPhone 4. Tethering, everything. Call quality is generally excellent.

Man, these conflicting reports are driving me nuts. One person says it works and then another says it doesn't.

I will move to Cell C if I can get some kind of official confirmation that my iPhone 4 will be properly supported on their network, i.e. with full speeds. Do they have a rep on here?

Pixual

Expert Member
I knew I should have just STFU about the NO SERVICE having gone away. Guess what I just had to do to my phone? Yep. Another re-boot.

I hope the Vodascum executives all get crabs on their balls, or worse. Farking thieves is all they are.

Pixual

Expert Member
Right, that's it. I've had enough of this BS. I have been waiting all day for a call and a few seconds ago my phone rang once and then stopped. I checked to see if I had signal, which I did, but the call ended up going to voicemail.

EVERY time I am on the phone my calls are dropped. This is just fucjing ridiculous. How can Vodacom be allowing this to happen?

I am going to Cell C this afternoon to find out what I can do about porting my iPhone 4 to them.

[beyond fed up]

macboer

Right, that's it. I've had enough of this BS. I have been waiting all day for a call and a few seconds ago my phone rang once and then stopped. I checked to see if I had signal, which I did, but the call ended up going to voicemail.

EVERY time I am on the phone my calls are dropped. This is just fucjing ridiculous. How can Vodacom be allowing this to happen?

I am going to Cell C this afternoon to find out what I can do about porting my iPhone 4 to them.

[beyond fed up]

I would love to hear how your story unfolds. :)

Pixual

Expert Member
On my way to running errands this afternoon and the bloody thing went off air again - and of course I missed another very important call.

I just got back from CNA where I bought an MTN pre-paid sim. Now I have to figure out how to port from the devil to the demon. Anybody know how? The "help" at CNA wasn't very helpful...