Vodacom number not receiving SMS

Peaching

On the 28th of may, my boss' SIM card just stopped receiving SMS messages. We've tried all the things you'd, expect, changing the SMS centre numbers, didn't help,
We did a SIM swap to a new Vodacom sim, didn't help, and we tried other sim cards in his phone, and it receives SMS just fine, and the other phone with his SIM in doesn't get anything
He's called Vodacom custom care multiple times, and they were unable to sort it out, and they did try their best
So does anyone have any idea ? Perhaps some hidden blacklist that has somehow turned into a whitelist?
I know if you dial *111# you can access some settings specific to your SIM, does anyone here know if there's stuff to do with SMS in there? I'd look but he has things to do and can't wait for me to find something so I thought I'd ask here.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Can the number send SMS or is that also a issue?

Peaching

Yes, it can send SMS and make and receive calls just fine, just can't receive SMS

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Yes, it can send SMS and make and receive calls just fine, just can't receive SMS
That is very strange. PM me the number that is having this issue and let me have a look

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Service Requested created yesterday for the OP. Resolved this morning.

ToAsTeD

Expert Member
Try redownload the APN settings again? You shouldnt be able to send then though either..

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Try redownload the APN settings again? You shouldnt be able to send then though either..
This query has been resolved already on the 1st.

APN settings does not affect SMS in anyway.

Wjvdmerwe1

My colleague approached me today with that exact same problem, as I'm usually clued up with phones and stuff, but this problem has got my mind spinning around in circles. Any advice as to how I can solve his problem please?

BreakEven

Good Sunday all. I am having the same problem with my phone not being able to receive SMS's. And I'm with MTN, I think it's a problem with the phone itself maybe a setting I have to change as there was a time I could receive SMS's but then it stopped receiving SMS's all of a sudden 2 weeks back. I would appreciate if anyone can help me rectify the fault.

BonitaS

Hello :) Please can you help me I have the same problem, I have screenshots of someone smsing me but I only receive like 1 out of 5 texts. Would you have a solution for me, Im on Vodacom contract.

Peaching

for anyone else looking for a solution, the only way is to phone or email customer support and talk them through your problem, that or take it to a dealer, its not a problem on the client side, its an issue with the service provider's database, and so only they can fix it

pelican

for anyone else looking for a solution, the only way is to phone or email customer support and talk them through your problem, that or take it to a dealer, its not a problem on the client side, its an issue with the service provider's database, and so only they can fix it
I have the same problem- have a Samsung S3 GT 18190. All of a sudden last week, sms's stopped coming through.Can receive on another handset, but somewhere on mine some setting is out of order. Been online with Vodacom the whole weekend and also Samsung call centre this morning. No help at all. Very frustrating

hj007

Yep same issue on this side with a Vodacom sim no longer receiving SMSs

NtombyG

Hi i also have a problem my sim card nolonger recieves sms but i can send them i tried getting a center number but still nothing has beem solved even if i insert my sim to another phone it still doesnt recieve any msgs