Vodacom numbers often can't get through to me on Telkom

Joker

Expert Member
Over the last few weeks I've heard from a few Vodacom people they can't call me, doesn't even ring on their end..

Anyone else experiencing this?

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Over the last few weeks I've heard from a few Vodacom people they can't call me, doesn't even ring on their end..

Anyone else experiencing this?
Hi, we would like to further assist you. Please PM your affected number and contact number for further assistance.

Regards,
Busi Tshabangu
Telkom Social Media Team

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Happens to me too. When I call someone on the Telkom Mobile network from my Vodacom sim I often have to try calling them several times before the call will go through. I don't even get to their voicemail message, the call just cancels immediately.

chopsky

Expert Member
Digging up a slightly old thread here, but my wife and I, who are both on Telkom Mobile, are experiencing the same issues.
The rest of our family who are with Vodacom, can't reach us more than half the time.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Digging up a slightly old thread here, but my wife and I, who are both on Telkom Mobile, are experiencing the same issues.
The rest of our family who are with Vodacom, can't reach us more than half the time.
Yup - happens regularly (SO on TM ported from Vodacom, I am still on Vodacom) - Telkom have contacted me and asked me to bring the phone in but I don't have the time for that since I usually just redial a couple of times and it goes through. I am also not taking it in 'cos I'm HUGELY sceptical of it being a handset related issue (iPhone 6 on latest ios version)

I reckon it's a 'switching' problem between Vodacom and TM (Vodacom doesn't seem to give a toss - whenever I contact them I get a virtual shrug - not our problem must be TM).

I'm basically riding out the contract and switching my SO back to Vodacom when I can (even though I don't like Vodacom personally, they unfortunately do have the most stable network in SA :mad: - call me a grudge customer).

Edit:

TLDR; Vodacom to Telkom Mobile = problematic :mad: <--- common experience

Last edited:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Yup - happens regularly (SO on TM ported from Vodacom, I am still on Vodacom) - Telkom have contacted me and asked me to bring the phone in but I don't have the time for that since I usually just redial a couple of times and it goes through. I am also not taking it in 'cos I'm HUGELY sceptical of it being a handset related issue (iPhone 6 on latest ios version)

I reckon it's a 'switching' problem between TM and Vodacom (Vodacom doesn't seem to give a toss - whenever I contact them I get a virtual shrug - not our problem must be TM).

I'm basically riding out the contract and switching my SO back to Vodacom when I can (even though I don't like Vodacom personally, they unfortunately do have the most stable network in SA :mad: - call me a grudge customer)
Because your wife is with Telkom, it is their responsibility. Not Vodacom's. She needs to report the fault to Telkom and then Telkom must liaise with Vodacom to fix any routing errors. If she was a Vodacom customer and the situation was reversed, the same would apply. Log fault with us, our guys gets in touch with Telkom guys to fix the routing error. I have helped a few Vodacom peeps resolve routing errors. This normally happens when someone ports from one network to another.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Because your wife is with Telkom, it is their responsibility. Not Vodacom's. She needs to report the fault to Telkom and then Telkom must liaise with Vodacom to fix any routing errors. If she was a Vodacom customer and the situation was reversed, the same would apply. Log fault with us, our guys gets in touch with Telkom guys to fix the routing error. I have helped a few Vodacom peeps resolve routing errors. This normally happens when someone ports from one network to another.
Thanks for the explanation - that explains the 'shrug' I was referring to.

So not Vodacom's problem.

Anyway, as I said, reported to Telkom, stymied at the first hurdle (bring the phone in) - why they need the handset to figure out the routing error only Telkom knows.

I'll just live with the issue in the meantime

PS: when desperate, I use the Whatsapp voice call feature - for some reason data is not affected, only voice.

3Gee

Expert Member
I'm having the same problem
MTN ported number
Calls from landlines and cell numbers not getting through

Naidoonat

I can't believe a year later and Telkom has still not resolved this problem I am experiencing the same problem just joined Telkom network ported from Vodacom and can't receive calls from Vodacom or any other network other than Telkom . Highly annoyed

FlashSA

Executive Member
I can't believe a year later and Telkom has still not resolved this problem I am experiencing the same problem just joined Telkom network ported from Vodacom and can't receive calls from Vodacom or any other network other than Telkom . Highly annoyed
When did your port go through? Are you on contract or prepaid?

Luqmaanrajah

SAME PROBLEM - PLEASE HELP

Ok so I ported two of my numbers to Telkom Mobile on 27/08/2016.
My lines were on the Vodacom network for many years, but before the port to Telkom my lines were on the MTN network for about a year.

I took out two new contracts from Telkom and ported my two numbers.

Ever since then, nobody can get through to me from a Vodacom line. I have tried myself, it just gives you the message "the number you have dialed does not exist".
This is getting very frustrating as I am now loosing prospective business because of this.
I have tried calling the call center, but they don't know any better than I do.
Logged a fault on 01/10/2016, they were to get back to me within 48 hours. Its been three weeks and nothing, but the fault persists.

Any way to resolve this or who should I contact?
Thanks

Ok so I ported two of my numbers to Telkom Mobile on 27/08/2016.
My lines were on the Vodacom network for many years, but before the port to Telkom my lines were on the MTN network for about a year.

I took out two new contracts from Telkom and ported my two numbers.

Ever since then, nobody can get through to me from a Vodacom line. I have tried myself, it just gives you the message "the number you have dialed does not exist".
This is getting very frustrating as I am now loosing prospective business because of this.
I have tried calling the call center, but they don't know any better than I do.
Logged a fault on 01/10/2016, they were to get back to me within 48 hours. Its been three weeks and nothing, but the fault persists.

Any way to resolve this or who should I contact?
Thanks
I had the same issue after I ported from Mtn to Telkom, I called them and was put through to the porting department a few days later the issue was sorted out.

ozosborne

Reviving an old thread here. But Im experiencing the same. Ported back in August from Cell C to Telkom. I have quite a few people telling me they cannot get through. MTN and Vodacom users, possibly others too, not sure.

Its my business main line so it is most likely costing me money.

Any representative here that can help from Telkom?