Vodacom out of bundle data still on

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
Wonder how much revenue Vodacom will lose from blocking OOB. It must have been a huge money-maker for them.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Vodacom customer care now instantly refunds airtime NO QUESTIONS ASKED when you query data usage. My whole R120 airtime vanished when my data bundle was finished with OOB blocking on. Customer care line refunded me while I was still on the phone with just a sorry I have refunded all the airtime. Never thought I would ever see this with Vodacom. Just a couple of months ago they were telling people bs stories like video uses lots of data and check background data usage which could be the cause of disparaging airtime but now no problem refund loaded.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Vodacom customer care now instantly refunds airtime NO QUESTIONS ASKED when you query data usage. My whole R120 airtime vanished when my data bundle was finished with OOB blocking on. Customer care line refunded me while I was still on the phone with just a sorry I have refunded all the airtime. Never thought I would ever see this with Vodacom. Just a couple of months ago they were telling people bs stories like video uses lots of data and check background data usage which could be the cause of disparaging airtime but now no problem refund loaded.
They must have finally realised that refunding airtime that the client spends on their network anyway costs them next to nothing, compared to losing that customer to one of their competitors (I think Telkom is really putting the pinch onto Vodacom).

I am really glad u also got sorted with this....

marioat1

Expert Member
Wonder how much revenue Vodacom will lose from blocking OOB. It must have been a huge money-maker for them.
They haven't lost any money, noticed on my cheap vodascum topup. Even with mobile data off, constant depletion of airtime. 1cent every 3 days since 1may, for gprs with mobile data never used.
Call centre idiots response is that it's as per ICASA ruling, bloody inbred fool.
So how many people would notice a drop of 1 cent from available airtime? Got my refund, but how much are they stealing now?

They haven't lost any money, noticed on my cheap vodascum topup. Even with mobile data off, constant depletion of airtime. 1cent every 3 days since 1may, for gprs with mobile data never used.
Call centre idiots response is that it's as per ICASA ruling, bloody inbred fool.
So how many people would notice a drop of 1 cent from available airtime? Got my refund, but how much are they stealing now?
Coincidence that u mentioned this..."Airtime that dissappears". I am with MTN and have also noticed that my airtime gets less and less each day.. I checked my usage... I do not make a lot of calls. But my airtime disappears.. It does not happen all the time.. Just now and again...I lso had a look at subscriptions.. I have none..Very puzzling. Somebody is definately stealing it somewhere...

Spliffcat

Expert Member
Ya these stealing twats. Bought R29 air time. Loaded it.
Surprise surprise. No airtime but I got 100 mb of data. Fekkin wankers. So R300 ****ing rand for a gig
Destroys vodascum Sim card.

marine1

Honorary Master
Its amazing that after all these years VC managed to finally get this to work :rolleyes:
Bunch of liars

Dups!

Three days ago they stole my airtime, to make things worse they didn't even send me notification as my data levels went down. I have even realsed that I can't receive text messages anymore on my line

It doesn't end there, I tried their help line and I ma informed that my voice can't be authenticated. Really pissed off now.

I even sent Ockie a PM on the matter some time last week and got no response whatsoever

So I had an issue with Vodacom recently were they were giving me issues in cancellation of a contract. I gathered all the vodacom email addresses i could find and sent my complaint to everyone, even the CEO's office. I then received over 50 calls that day from vodacom wanting to help me. Even the CEO'S office called. The issue was then resolved within minutes. See attched the list of email addresses I used.