Vodacom prepaid customers hit by airtime theft

kripstoe

Expert Member
A classic example of the crap that VC allows and I am convinced, actually encourages. Did you by any chance work your way through the myVodacom App just before this happened?
I might have earlier today :unsure:

Ivanr

Expert Member
A classic example of the crap that VC allows and I am convinced, actually encourages. Did you by any chance work your way through the myVodacom App just before this happened?
@Geoff.D - I believe that their Vodacom App is one of the culprits if I look at the App Permissions on for this app. I have removed it for USSD instead - no more VC spam junk.

kripstoe

Expert Member
@Geoff.D - I believe that their Vodacom App is one of the culprits if I look at the App Permissions on for this app. I have removed it for USSD instead - no more VC spam junk.
Also going to try this.

Now that I've blocked content services, I still get these even when my phone is locked.

1596520178599.png

"D"

Expert Member

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
VCs accounting practices have always been borderline unethical.

I can quote many examples of some of the strangest "income" lines in the budgets to show how close to the wind this lot sails in terms of GAAP.