Vodacom "secret" Red Hot Deals launched

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Vodacom "secret" Red Hot Deals launched

Vodacom has launched a new “Red Hot Deal” promotion, where it offers big price cuts on large data bundles at its brick-and-mortar stores.

While the Red Hot Deal promotion is included in Vodacom’s latest booklet, details about the promotion are kept secret to encourage consumers to visit a Vodacom store.

Grouter

Expert Member
Why do these guys f**k with consumers like this? Is this what's called good marketing in this day and age? Just let everyone know, stop the secret " we want you in our stores" nonsense. If it's good, people will buy it. FFS.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Night time data - useless - now if I was pirating stuff, might be worth something, but prices are getting realistic, which is something I suppose.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Why do these guys f**k with consumers like this? Is this what's called good marketing in this day and age? Just let everyone know, stop the secret " we want you in our stores" nonsense. If it's good, people will buy it. FFS.
Cause hype. And they feel the need to justify all the rent that tehy're paying at their stores. And they're hoping to sucker you into buying a different phone case whilst you're there. And maybe a bigger memory card. What about a longer charging cable? Blah blah..

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Think I'll see if I can "upgrade" my old special expiring in September with the 20GB anytime data + 20GB Night Owl data – R199 (down from R399), will save me about R140 a month.

Grouter

Expert Member
Cause hype. And they feel the need to justify all the rent that tehy're paying at their stores. And they're hoping to sucker you into buying a different phone case whilst you're there. And maybe a bigger memory card. What about a longer charging cable? Blah blah..
Yes, I guess. And if I was working at a Vodacom store I'd be worried: "We tested how effective our stores were and we found they weren't worth S**t so we're closing them"!

cronjevh

Same price per GB as the 22-month old Telkom Mobile Data contract I'm just about to upgrade .. (which came with a free portable wifi modem). Getting prices in line with those offered by competitors is hardly something to brag about: secret "Red Hot Deals"? pffft

chefdude98

Expert Member
Yea this doesn't surprise me.
It is a cultural thing within Vodacom.

They intentionally find ways to screw over customers.

Their anytime minutes promo bundles are hidden in the USSD menu. You can also "accidentally" opt into a R3 data bundle(expires within 24hrs) after you have confirmed the anytime 60 minute bundle.

chefdude98

Expert Member
Vodacom night Owl = 00:00 - 05 :00

Telkom night surfer = 00:00 - 07:00

Cell Night Data = 01:00 - 7:00

Mtn night Data = 00:00 - 6:00

All of networks seem to have complaints about anytime data being used at night data hours.

Night data must fall.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Bloody hell, Come on Vodacom, You can do so much better.
This is a screenshot from my last invoice, its 100GB+100GB btw...

Screenshot from 2019-07-10 11-05-42.png

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Think I'll see if I can "upgrade" my old special expiring in September with the 20GB anytime data + 20GB Night Owl data – R199 (down from R399), will save me about R140 a month.
Ask them to migrate it, not upgrade it. and you can be friendly and negotiate (I negotiated my 20+20 @ R300pm to the screenshot I posted doing this).