Vodacom Signals in Rooihuiskraal, Centurion are pathetically Low

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Currently looking after my daughter's place over the weekend. ALL VC signal strengths, whether 2G, 3G, Edge, H, H+ or 4G are so bad that it takes in excess of 1 minute to connect to myBB. And maintaining connection is almost impossible. Cannot even successfully run the myBB speed test!
Measuring the signal strength with the speed test App shows the best signal 4G at -112 dBm.
Disgusting VC an absolute disgrace.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Today, we had another power failure in PTA East.
Immediately, the VC performance for H+ services became almost totally useless.
30 minutes later, 4G services deteriorated to virtually nothing. Thereafter the H+,Edge services improved. An hour later, even those services became very problematic. We were left with a barely working 2G and SMS service.
Serious issues about how VC is handling power disruptions in our area.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I stay in Wierdapark x2 just next to Rooihuiskraal and the Vodacom signal is really bad here too. There just isn't any towers and the ones that are there wierda south 2 covers the whole extension so it's crawling at night.

The only saving is the Vowifi. Having fibre at home as soon as I'm on fibre I know my phone is going to actually work.

I want to say MTN is better because they are best network in SA but they just aren't. MTN and Vodacom shares the same mast and the signal is just horrible.

Telkom is also on the same mast but they have these mini green towers spread out all over Wierdapark, RHK, Eldoraigne so signal and data speeds are really good.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Thanks for the confirmation on the Roohuiskraal issue.
Checked both my devices as soon as I got home after the weekend.

Like magic as soon as the power was restored all was normal again. However, checking back on my speed test logs, I see that whereas we used to get signal levels better than -70 a few months ago, we now only get -80 and worse in PTA East as well.

Last edited: