Vodacom taking paid for data without making this known....

mojoman

Expert Member
I had a 10G+10G data plan...contract has expired but I just needed to keep the number available for a second number/data backup on my dual SIM phone.
I went to a 500MB package....Vodacom then saw it fit to take over 20G of already PAID FOR data as apparently you don't keep your data (my PAID FOR DATA) if you change packages!

This is just disgusting blatant screwing of the public. This was not made known to me when I changed.
Once again Vodascum showing true form.

And apparently I would not get to keep the number if I opted to just keep it as a prepaid number...is this correct?
I was under the impression once a number is issued and registered to you then as long as you keep it active it is a number for life?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Migrations to different packages happens at the end of the month, so if you request the change on lets say the 15th, then you have until the end of that same month to use up the data on your old package.

Regarding keeping your number on prepaid. This is a option available to you. You just need to speak to cancellations department and make it clear you want to change your contract to prepaid. You keep the same number and sim card.