Vodacom voucher offer Scam or not?

Seadog1

Definition of scam: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation

I was contacted in the middle of Jan 2021 to upgrade my contract with Vodacom, this upgrade (sim only) was accepted and activated from 1 Feb 2021. Part of the offer was a R1000 voucher to either Pick or Pay or Woolworths, this was to be sent to me within 7 working days of activation of the new contract. It is now more than 12 working days I have still not heard anything about the voucher. Could you please follow up and get back to me.

Date of upgrade 17 Jan 2021

Reply from Franky Johnson <queries@expectmorepromos.co.za>

Good day

Thank you for your email.

Kindly be advised that the promotion that we ran ended on 14 December 2020.

We can only issue voucher to consumers that fall within the Promotion dates.

Ok, this is not acceptable and I am very unhappy, when i was contacted in January I was promised the R1000 voucher as part of the upgrade. I contacted the call centre on the 1st of Feb in connection with a mistake on the upgrade and was again told that I should get my voucher within 7 working days. On the 16th of Feb I again phoned and after being passed from 1 to the other and hours on the phone, the agent again confirmed that I would get the voucher and even explained how it worked with the OTP etc. (This all can be confirmed with your security recordings of the calls). She gave me the e mail address to use to send the above request. Another lady that works with me (and referred me) upgraded at the same time and received her voucher last week. So somewhere there is a big fault with this whole system. I don't like making threats but if this is not resolved very soon ( by 19 Feb 2021) the social media will be buzzing with the details of the Vodacom scam to get people to upgrade. I have again just spoken to a lady at the "upgrade/retention" department and she promised me that I would get my voucher. 22 Feb 2021, still no voucher.

Duke of Hazard

Galaxy S21 Promo?

If so, you're wasting your time... Samsung are clueless, 3 different stories from 3 people all at Samsung, Buy and Get Dept don't even know about it.............................

Half_Frog

Expert Member
Every Samsung promotion is a method so you can buy their new phone. Promises are made but never met. I will never support Samsung again

Seadog1

Definition of scam: a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation

I was contacted in the middle of Jan 2021 to upgrade my contract with Vodacom, this upgrade (sim only) was accepted and activated from 1 Feb 2021. Part of the offer was a R1000 voucher to either Pick or Pay or Woolworths, this was to be sent to me within 7 working days of activation of the new contract. It is now more than 12 working days I have still not heard anything about the voucher. Could you please follow up and get back to me.

Date of upgrade 17 Jan 2021

Reply from Franky Johnson <queries@expectmorepromos.co.za>

Good day

Thank you for your email.

Kindly be advised that the promotion that we ran ended on 14 December 2020.

We can only issue voucher to consumers that fall within the Promotion dates.

Ok, this is not acceptable and I am very unhappy, when i was contacted in January I was promised the R1000 voucher as part of the upgrade. I contacted the call centre on the 1st of Feb in connection with a mistake on the upgrade and was again told that I should get my voucher within 7 working days. On the 16th of Feb I again phoned and after being passed from 1 to the other and hours on the phone, the agent again confirmed that I would get the voucher and even explained how it worked with the OTP etc. (This all can be confirmed with your security recordings of the calls). She gave me the e mail address to use to send the above request. Another lady that works with me (and referred me) upgraded at the same time and received her voucher last week. So somewhere there is a big fault with this whole system. I don't like making threats but if this is not resolved very soon ( by 19 Feb 2021) the social media will be buzzing with the details of the Vodacom scam to get people to upgrade. I have again just spoken to a lady at the "upgrade/retention" department and she promised me that I would get my voucher. 22 Feb 2021, still no voucher.
All sorted, not sure why I had to go to these levels to get it done. But have my voucher.