Vodacom vs MTN vs Cell C vs Telkom – Mobile subscriber numbers

Thor

Honorary Master
Telkom has to do a lot more if they want to take more market share, no wonder Vodacom isn't worried, they have no real competition

DXL

Expert Member
Telkom has to do a lot more if they want to take more market share, no wonder Vodacom isn't worried, they have no real competition
Agreed !

I think Sipho Maseko must take the fight to the guns simply because Telkom can.

Data prices must be halved prepaid and postpaid.

Voice can still come down further maybe 50c per minute.

Sms can come down to 10c.

Prepaid is begging for more Value yet none is forthcoming.

Telkom is not sweating the infrastructure.

Telkom Mobile coverage is quite good in most towns outside the CBD and they can afford to strain the network a little to determine where more towers and capacity is needed.

Hope they act fast before the RAIN comes. Towers cannot sit idle waiting for customers to use them.

They must work to keep the money rolling in.

markings

Expert Member
I think the FreeMe Family package is an exceptionally good deal.
Link up to 9 SIMs to the same contract, free Telkom mobile and landline calls, 300 minutes other network calls (per second billing) , 30Gb data, all for R699. Month to month contract too.

signeffex

Agree they have potential. but multiple calls to four different stores at different times of the day. Not one answered.
I place an order via the call centre almost a week ago. Never heard from them since.
When they call to confirm my order etc. I'm going to ask them to cancel it.
No ways I'm chancing the crappy service for 24 months.