Vodacom's epic new 20GB and 40GB data deals

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Can you stop calling it 20GB and 40GB packages?
Its not its just vodacom marketing rubbish, trying to combine two completely different things to make the package look bigger.

10GB all day + 10GB Night time =/= 20GB
20GB all day + 20GB Night time =/= 40GB

Its still a 10GB* package and 20GB* package
With some night time data you wont ever use, no matter what you promise yourself.

fish_man

Expert Member
For vodacom this is ok. Remember they still charge R150 for 1GB bolt on data if you are in a existing contract and wish to topup.

Thor

Honorary Master
Telkom offers better value - more data (cheaper price per megabyte) and minutes and free calls to landlines and telkom phones.

So they have a heavy data simcard that can be used for your day to day cell phone.

Thor

Honorary Master
No idea who they are targeting here, because it is more expensive than other DATA only sim cards (useless in a phone - so Vodacom is still the most expensive in the data only sim offering per megabyte.)

irBosOtter

Expert Member
dont care, as long as one has RAIN, all these so called promotions offer no incentive to me.

R250 for Uncapped between stipulated times, how can one fight that?
you cant, thats how,
I suppose RAIN does work for a lot of people, I'm on month 3 now and cancelling it due to the hours I really need it it's down. I was looking for a cheap contract with around 10Gb, and this seems to be it then, doesn't really want another contract but guess this is not a bad option for 10Gb @ R149, any cheaper options for 10GB? (Probably are, I need to search I guess)

And they should stop calling this crap 20Gb when it's not!

irBosOtter

Expert Member
No idea who they are targeting here, because it is more expensive than other DATA only sim cards (useless in a phone - so Vodacom is still the most expensive in the data only sim offering per megabyte.)
Please point me in that direction, take it MTN is cheaper then?