Vodacom's 'pre-emptive strike' on pay TV

I don't understand this. Vodacom doesn't have a "product", they are just selling a package of Multichoice's products. How does this make them a player in the pay TV environment? DSTV from Vodacom or from Multichoice is the same thing.

IMO, if you already pay for TV via DSTV, you should get it free on your phone. Now wouldn't that be nice? But, this SA, and every company wants to make a quick buck.

Aha, Telkom & Vodacom in competition, more likely in cahoots and at our expense.

Most likely more collusion coming our way.

Both giants have a big slice of the pie--they collude and who'll pay their inflated prices?

Vodacom's iBurst
Vodacom's DSTV
Vodacom's BS, IMHO.

Reselling someone else's product does not make you a player. It makes you a shopkeeper.

Same pile of cr@p channels!
Just might cost less 'cause there's fewer of them with the vodacom package.

Stupid idea if ever i heard one!

This 'product' is beyond my understanding. Why would I pay R149 a month for channels like SABC 1, 2, 3; FTV etc

Further I am expected to watch TV on a 1 inch screen? or does my phone somehow plug into my TV set?

Therefore I a bit confused as to why they think I would want this 'product'.

...Further I am expected to watch TV on a 1 inch screen? or does my phone somehow plug into my TV set?...
this is not a mobile offering, if i understand it correctly. think of it as 2 additional dstv bouquets that are being made available, but offered by vodacom - a cheaper alternative to 'dstv compact', if you will...

Sounds good to me.

I cancelled DSTV - way too expensive.

The only channels we ever watched were ActionX, Series and K-TV - and then only about 5 programs a week in total - and that was mostly the wife and the reality shows like TopChef, Project Runway and (puke) Idols.

R139? - sounds worth the trouble.

this is not a mobile offering, if i understand it correctly. think of it as 2 additional dstv bouquets that are being made available, but offered by vodacom - a cheaper alternative to 'dstv compact', if you will...

Thanks Jarr, but how do I watch these two extra channels? On my phone (isnt that why its called mobile TV?) or does it come thru my current smart card and current DSTV decoder?

Thanks Jarr, but how do I watch these two extra channels? On my phone (isnt that why its called mobile TV?) or does it come thru my current smart card and current DSTV decoder?

Go to

www.vodacom.co.za

Nice big shiny banner on the top - click it.

Very nice layout of the offering, tells you how it works, what you need and so on.

Any one got this yet?

My local Vodacom store has the advertising material strewn all over, but the salesman claimed "no stock".

Go to

www.vodacom.co.za

Nice big shiny banner on the top - click it.

Very nice layout of the offering, tells you how it works, what you need and so on.
i don't think the banners are always the same, but you can find all the info here though ;)

Warning:

The SSAction sports channel is getting a lot of flak. They do NOT show what you think they should.

Despite being run by Vodacom, they didn't even show the Vodacom sponsored rugby match this weekend against Australia!!! Instead some soccer was on.

Leave this one on the shelf.

Warning:

The SSAction sports channel is getting a lot of flak. They do NOT show what you think they should.

Despite being run by Vodacom, they didn't even show the Vodacom sponsored rugby match this weekend against Australia!!! Instead some soccer was on.

Leave this one on the shelf.

Nah - I never watch sport - unless SA is playing Cricket - and thats on SABC3.

Back