Voicy does Norway

Voicy

Honorary Master
As for daily life stuff, I'm sure this is probably already common tech but for those who haven't seen, we got this implemented around 2016:

You can choose self-checkout at most grocery shops. When you get there you scan your profile barcode from your phone, it auto-loads all of your coupons and unlocks a scanner for you to use:

1631657552103.png

So as we shop, we scan items and place it straight into the shopping bags so it's ready to go.

Then at the self-checkout counter, we just scan in our profile again, pay by card (or phone profile) and mozey on out.

1631657655563.png

I've only ever been control-checked once, where a clerk comes around and scans any random 4-6 objects in your cart to see if you registered it. Pretty chill. (But I still feel like some Game/Macro type security guard is going to stop me to go through my ENTIRE till slip. Tsek.)

I apologize if this is old hat, but my parents were convinced it was black magic ****ery when they were here for a visit.

Little Mac

Honorary Master
As for daily life stuff, I'm sure this is probably already common tech but for those who haven't seen, we got this implemented around 2016:

You can choose self-checkout at most grocery shops. When you get there you scan your profile barcode from your phone, it auto-loads all of your coupons and unlocks a scanner for you to use:

View attachment 1147884

So as we shop, we scan items and place it straight into the shopping bags so it's ready to go.

Then at the self-checkout counter, we just scan in our profile again, pay by card (or phone profile) and mozey on out.

View attachment 1147886

I've only ever been control-checked once, where a clerk comes around and scans any random 4-6 objects in your cart to see if you registered it. Pretty chill. (But I still feel like some Game/Macro type security guard is going to stop me to go through my ENTIRE till slip. Tsek.)

I apologize if this is old hat, but my parents were convinced it was black magic ****ery when they were here for a visit.
They sussed the South African out and decided to audit you... then realised you'd been there long enough to get a local passport and left you alone?

gregmcc

Honorary Master

Got this in the UK as well. I can't even imagine standing in queues again and waiting for the cashier to scan your stuff. Now in and out in record time.
Crazy that we used to pick up items, put them in the trolley. Go to checkout unpack the items, get them scanned, put them back into the trolley. Go to the car and unpack them again.

Voicy

Honorary Master
Congrats, you can bin the green mamba now ;)
Cheers my guy.

And yeah, I lost the green mamba automatically. If I wanted to keep it, I would have had to apply for retention of citizenship PRIOR to applying for norwegian.

I looked into this and due to rona and and and, it was just one giant red-tape mess - requiring me to fly down to Oslo and get stuff sent from home affairs and whatnot - so I just decided fuqqit.

azbob

Honorary Master
Took the floof for a bit of a trip around the island to find some new places.

View attachment 1147874

Even though we're in the deep arctic, there are some hidden gems around where i live:

View attachment 1147876

View attachment 1147878

This is in the field right across from my house for the floof's daily poops.

View attachment 1147880

This last one was taken in a place called Lofoten on the same island range as mine, which is a bigger tourist trap than Cape Town in December.

View attachment 1147882

What aminal is that?