Voip desktop and wireless phone on 1 connection

Ianf1

Expert Member
Can you connect a desktop voip phone and a wireless voip phone on one connection? Currently have a Fanvil X3sp phone and need to add a wireless / cordless phone, and want to know if we buy a wireless phone like this will it work with the desktop or do we buy a wireless setup with 2 phones.
Anyone have experience with doing this?

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Im assuming you have a single account to use with it?
Generally you can only sign into an account on one device at a time. So you can either get a second account for it or just use the dect phone as primary.

Ianf1

Expert Member
OK feedback from Switchtel if you want cordless and desktop you need to switch to a cloud PABX which has a higher monthly subscription. So will look for a good deal on wireless with 2 handsets.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
If you want to run multiple phones on 1 SIP line, you should get a Raspberry PI and install a PABX system such as 3CX or FreePBX on it. Then you can setup each phone as an extension and have all sorts of rules, like which phones should ring if an incoming call comes in, transfer calls between phones, etc.

Ianf1

Expert Member
If you want to run multiple phones on 1 SIP line, you should get a Raspberry PI and install a PABX system such as 3CX or FreePBX on it. Then you can setup each phone as an extension and have all sorts of rules, like which phones should ring if an incoming call comes in, transfer calls between phones, etc.
That is something to consider. I have ordered a single wireless phone from switchtel who will also configure it for us.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
That is something to consider. I have ordered a single wireless phone from switchtel who will also configure it for us.

This is actually something I've just done at home. I've 3 VOIP phones at home all connected to a Raspberry Pi running 3CX. I've got a single SIP account with Freshphone which I've setup as a SIP trunk in 3CX. When an incoming call comes in, I've set it up so that all 3 phones ring, and all 3 phones can make outgoing calls that go through the single SIP trunk. Plus, any phone can make an internal call to any other phone in the house without ever leaving my local network simply by dialing the internal extension number allocated to each phone. Works like a charm.

killerbyte

Expert Member
If you are interested in going the 3CX route then feel free to drop me a PM and I can assist you in setting up. I have my 3CX Advanced Certification and I really love the system.