Volkswagen apologizes for racist ad

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Nah , i dont find non words offensive , i dont even find words offensive.
Besides my tastes are more refined.
VAG have a wide selection, from run-of-the-mill base hatches to ultra-refined luxury saloons and SUV's.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
VAG have a wide selection, from run-of-the-mill base hatches to ultra-refined luxury saloons and SUV's.
Yeah they do , they lack a spine though in their marketing/customer relations , it showed in the part where they claimed to have no idea how this was released .
It was released because some one high up gave approval , just own it and be done with it volkswagen.

Grant

Honorary Master
Twitter users also pointed out that when the German slogan "Der Neue Golf" (which means "The New Golf") fades in, the letters which fade in first spell out a word in German, "neger", which can be used as the German equivalent of the n-word.
lets take a look at that

vw 1.jpg

vw 2.jpg

vw 3.jpg

vw 4.jpg

vw 5.jpg

uhm
no, it does not

maybe vw were correct the 1st time:
it was "surprised and shocked that our Instagram story could be so misunderstood . . .

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I did not know saying Neger in German was considered racist, it's English people learning German that bring that connotation.

Insane that if I Google, the earliest "outrage" I find in regards to using the word is 2014,
And in those comments people are also saying it's a stupid thing to say it's racist.

Entire schooling system has poems etc. Where it's mentioned, you're bringing English connotation into German.

Plus in that add you need to rearrange the letters, if you're looking for outrage, there's nothing anyone can do.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
lets take a look at that

View attachment 843985

View attachment 843987

View attachment 843989

View attachment 843991

View attachment 843993

uhm
no, it does not

maybe vw were correct the 1st time:
oh now I get it: this is exactly the same as when they used to say playing vinyl records backwards, will make you hear satanist messages.

Makes perfect and logical sense.

The only other explanation would be the kind of people out there who's whole life consist out of creating racism around them and being offended by it.

Grant

Honorary Master
there is a certain irony in all this.

the warriors that took such offense have activated the streisand effect and probably given "the new golf" more publicity than the ad could ever have achieved.

Sollie

Executive Member
Is that fag in German? So gay!!!

I just had a look at the German alphabet ... you won't believe what I found moving letters around ... o_O

I honestly think civilization needs to have EQ tests before people can own things like TVs, get access to the internet.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Where's the racism? Maybe I'm too dumb to see it.
I just don't get it? I also don't get the advert but then I am finding myself more and more out of touch with the current times.

access

Honorary Master
er ne g l

so i anagram insults a thing now?

also ignoring a letter if it doesnt fit properly. what a ginger

ponder

Honorary Master
Read the article...
This is what people saw

ER
NE
G
As the phrase "Der Neuer Golf" was fading in. The letters above faded in first.

Couple it with "Petit Colon" and the video sequence...you have a lot in your plate
No the words faded in,

R
E
G

ER
NE
GL

DER
NE E
GOL

DER
NEUE
GOLF

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

EDIT: Grant beat me...

vigras rojara

Expert Member
Well racists often claim that whichever race they don't like all look the same and it's well known that any new Golf looks pretty much the same as the previous one, so there's always that.

^^^ That's a joke by the way, just in case anyone takes the above seriously....