Vote out councillors who steal money, don't deliver services - Ramaphosa on Freedom Day

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Those processes should include convictions for criminals, instead of investigating the ANC instead chooses to turn a blind eye.
I guess when everyone is on the take then its quite hard to point fingers.

The very notion of "vote them out if they steal" is absurd and ridiculous, if they steal then lay criminal charges.
I am sure the President totally meant that no criminal charges should be laid but instead the Councillors should be respectfully voted out.

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
I am sure the President totally meant that no criminal charges should be laid but instead the Councillors should be respectfully voted out.

So, the president puts his responsibility of upholding the law aside and instead puts the responsibility on the citizens to give criminals a soft landing?

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Sarcasm noted, however its unfounded because he doesn't do anything about corruption.
How many convictions have you seen recently? I'm not referring to the non-connected scapegoats, I'm referring to the many cadres stealing the big amounts.

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
Can't find the remove from office button :unsure:

For the ANC that's like the nuclear missile launch button. Requires two keys to be turned simultaneously in different locations before it becomes active and he lost the missile codes and safe combinations for the keys.

KSM93

It's not?

apqxdgny2sl01.png
You do realize that the black, indian and coloured communities grew at the exact same rates statistically. Put the graph in a logarithmic fashion and stop trying to manipulate statistics. Populations don't grow linearly but exponentially you idiot.

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
You do realize that the black, indian and coloured communities grew at the exact same rates statistically. Put the graph in a logarithmic fashion and stop trying to manipulate statistics. Populations don't grow linearly but exponentially you idiot.

Unless you have university training in statistics, you should not attempt to utilise them. They are extremely dangerous and can be used to distort facts.

I am well aware of exponential growth. It means you reach saturation point much faster and become over populated. The topic of the post.

KSM93

Unless you have university training in statistics, you should not attempt to utilise them. They are extremely dangerous and can be used to distort facts.

I am well aware of exponential growth. It means you reach saturation point much faster and become over populated. The topic of the post.
South Africa population growth rate is 1.3 % barely replacement level and it has not reached saturation point, and SA is far from overpopulated.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
So, the president puts his responsibility of upholding the law aside and instead puts the responsibility on the citizens to give criminals a soft landing?
Upholding the law is everyone's responsibility, I have no idea what makes you think it's strictly the President's responsibility.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Sarcasm noted, however its unfounded because he doesn't do anything about corruption.
How many convictions have you seen recently? I'm not referring to the non-connected scapegoats, I'm referring to the many cadres stealing the big amounts.
That is your opinion and you are allowed to keep it.

kolaval

Executive Member
Upholding the law is everyone's responsibility, I have no idea what makes you think it's strictly the President's responsibility.
not strictly, but he does wield a bit more power than us, so more is expected.
that said, I don't think he has enough power in the ANC to accomplish what he would like to.

Bonywasawarrioraway

Why must we vote them out? Get rid of all the municipality that did not pass an audit plain and simple. Replace them if the new guy fails audit replace him and so on.
THAT should be written into the constitution. A failed audit should count as a landslide vote of no confidence in the mayor, the exco, the speaker and all councillors from the majority party. Can we have a referendum on this?

porchrat

Honorary Master
Well said by the president. I 100% agree with what was said. Quite refreshing to hear.

However it's very hypocritical coming from the president of the party of non-delivery and corruption.