VOX FTTH and Call of Duty Online on PS4

wizzypow

I'm running Vox FTTH on OpenServe and have noticed, in peak times mainly, that I cannot connect to the Call of Duty Warzone Online Services. The system just hangs at "Connecting to Online Services" for a few minutes. I'll eventually switch to Afrihost and it connects almost instantly.
Has anybody else noticed similar behavior with their VOX link?

A follow up for input - who is currently the best / most reliable / lowest latency provider on OpenServe (Cape Town region)?

ngoni615

For vox you need to change DNS. Their default DNS is garbage. I requested my password and login details for the MIcrotik router and signed their indemnity form. So they are going to send me my details and i will change to either 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8. If you have access to your router, change the DNS.

wizzypow

For vox you need to change DNS. Their default DNS is garbage. I requested my password and login details for the MIcrotik router and signed their indemnity form. So they are going to send me my details and i will change to either 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8. If you have access to your router, change the DNS.
Thanks - I've never used VOX's default DNS. I have both CloudFlare and Google DNS set on my firewall so alas not that.

ngoni615

Thanks - I've never used VOX's default DNS. I have both CloudFlare and Google DNS set on my firewall so alas not that.
Ummm i do not know then bro. I will get back to u if i find out anything else. I used to have issues with vox default dns esp when playing mk 11 online. it would take ages to connect. Switching to other dns solved the issue hence why i requested to get my login details so i can change the dns at the router level.

Siren1985

I have been experiencing this exact issue on VOX the last week or so. Also running on a 50mpbs FTTH. Im trying my DNS change now as i already have access to my router. Lets see how this goes....

Anthro

Expert Member
I dont believe Vox, nor DNS is necessarily to blame - I have many clanmates, who are all on different ISP's who experience the same. I do believe however, that Warzone is getting more / has got more local servers in the last day or three

Siren1985

Ok so my DNS changes have not made a difference. What has however made a difference is if I VPN to my office, which breaks out to the internet via SEACOM. My latency is higher, but at least I can connect... Would love to get this sorted out without that extra hop....

Siren1985

zakeer.amod

The reply