VOX SIP on Fanvil X1

Segg

Expert Member
Hi Guys
Anyone ever setup a VOX SIP account on the Fanvil X1? I've used these phones on an asterisk PBX with no issues, but when using them at home directly with the Vox SIP settings, the account registers but the phone can't dial out or receive any calls

Anyone got any ideas? Really not in the mood to faff with this too much this week

Capture.JPG

Sarel0092

I would suggest doing a Wireshark trace to see why incoming and outgoing calls aren't working.

Also check if SIP ALG is enabled on your router. For Vox it should be disabled.

Try using the following IP address or domain names:
vphone.co.za (196.3.177.10)
softphone.vphone.co.za (196.41.25.34)

Segg

Expert Member
Thanks - managed to solve the issue last night.

Updated the firmware on the phones, loaded the details into another phone that worked first time, backed up it's settings, transferred that config file to the first phone and it started to work

Factory reset etc didn't solve the problem so I'm quite relieved the configuration transfer after the firmware upgrade did the trick

Hi Guys
Anyone ever setup a VOX SIP account on the Fanvil X1? I've used these phones on an asterisk PBX with no issues, but when using them at home directly with the Vox SIP settings, the account registers but the phone can't dial out or receive any calls

Anyone got any ideas? Really not in the mood to faff with this too much this week

View attachment 581024
Thank you, this was enough to get my Fanvil X3S set up. I kept using softphone.vphone.co.za like the Android app does., and it just never registered; it kept saying "trying". Only way afterwards did I see the address on the Vox settings page!